Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Darren for the update.

Re the recent tech issues with the SFB flights, do you have any details as to what the problems were, as seemingly both aircraft came in on time from their previous flights?

Just interested more than anything!

Jon
desk jockey,

I can't comment on specifics in those cases, but hydraulics have been their achilles heel.

Darren
We are flying from Birmingham to Verona on 16th July on TOM7656. We've just had the tickets through and they state 'Inflight Meals are included except on some short haul flights and low cost carriers). Can anyone definitively confirm that we'll get a meal on this flight?
Corinne76,

Did you opt and pay for a meal when you booked the holiday / flights? If so, yes you'll get a meal. If you didn't then no you won't. Just to complicate things though, it sounds like you've booked through a travel agents / tour operator? Some tour operators will include meals as part of their packages, some don't.

Darren
Corinne76 wrote:
We are flying from Birmingham to Verona on 16th July on TOM7656. We've just had the tickets through and they state 'Inflight Meals are included except on some short haul flights and low cost carriers). Can anyone definitively confirm that we'll get a meal on this flight?

Corrine76, If your unsure I'd give Thomson Pre-Travel Services a ring on 0844 871 1603 and quoting your booking reference; they'll be able to confirm whether you have inflight meals or not. Also if you've booked with a travel agent in store, pop in or give them a ring, I'm sure they'd be glad to help. :)
Hi there, we are flying to the Dominican Republic on TOM060 on 10th July and back on TOM061 2 weeks later, any idea what films will be on the in-flight movie list?
Hi Darren,
I'm new to this site i am flying out to Montego Bay from London Gatwick on 27th Aug flight number TOM24 do you know which type aircraft this would be yet.

Thanks

Danny
essexyid,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-MBJ-LGW (TOM24/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
dodsy,

IFE for July / August hasn't been released yet. I'll hopefully get it next week. I'll update our What Aircraft? guide as soon I have it.

Darren
Darren,

Just reading a thread on airliners.net; have any of the ex FCA 763's recently had an interior refit. The thread refers to OOBM as being the first?

Regards,

Jon
desk jockey,

Yes, as part of a Boeing compensation package along with maintenance due to the 787 delays, but only to the same specification as previously, not a reduction in seat pitch or increase to 283 seats like was suggested on Airliners.net. You'll see I posted on that topic.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

So OOBM has been refreshed inside, have any other members of the fleet? Or will any of the others be refreshed by 18th August, as that's when i fly with them.

Curious to find out if i'll be flying on an aircraft with a new interior!

What work has / going to be done? Is it just a wash and brush up, or is it new seats / IFE etc...

Regards,

Jon
desk jockey,

All the heavy maintenance was done before the summer season so a few of the aircraft. As I mention, there are no changes to the cabin. It was just to freshen them up and repair things like broken arm rests. You wouldn't notice any difference.

Darren
When G-OOBM came back from its "refresh' the ironic thing is they had broken the IFE and seat lighting software. Its now fixed but lets hope they dont repeat on the others in Sept/Oct when they go in.
It's a Lakes and Mountains holiday so for some reason we never seem to get the option to purchase a meal but often end up getting one anyway. I think I'll give them a ring to be certain!
Corinne76,

It's likely to be included within the package then via the tour operator you booked with. It's worth checking with them just to be sure as they aren't included as standard with Thomson, and won't be available on any short haul flight from November.

Darren
does anybody know what films are on the ex first choice planes to mexico in july?
Dazbo,

I booked my seat numbers on Wednesday with Thomson, but am still a little concerned.

I have booked a return flight from BHX to CUN on 27th September - in the Premium seats...(flight only) When I went to book my seat numbers for my outbound flight - no-one took any payment, as they stated that I had already paid!!! (This is not stated anywhere on my flight booking confirmation)

I rang back later the same day - as I hadn't received an email confirmation, and queried it again - to be told that I didn't have to pay!

I have the email confirmation for the seat numbers - but am concerned that they can move us to other seats.. I have stood behind people before who have emails stating that they have booked their seats, only to be moved and no longer sitting next to each other.

Can you clarify this for me.. I'm more than happy to pay the £25 to be absolutely sure of where I sit...

Is it policy for PE bookings that Seat number bookings are part of the price? or can they still move me?

Thanks
Hi, did u try 2 select your seat numbers online or call the agent?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.