Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren,

I just wondered if you could shed some light on this.

Flying from Manchester to Cancun on 9 May 2012 TOM 196 (usually first choice aircraft I believe). However, I just wondered why the flight leaves at 12.20pm on this one particular day whereas TOM196 usually leaves at 9.15am. I just find it bizarre that it is literally this one day it leaves 3 hours later and can't find any reason why it does?

Do you think this may mean it might be a different aircraft as well - probably something you won't know until nearer the time though.

Thanks in advance.
athertona2k,

Welcome onboard :tup
Flight schedules are put together in order to accommodate an array of flights as well as build maintenance schedules in. Most long haul flights leave between 9-10am arriving back in the early hours of the following morning. However, some flight leave later, eg Kenya and Maldives, or a few extra hours as a buffer and accomodate for positioning flights as aircraft are used from other airports, and allows maintenance time in the schedule. It's nothing out of the ordinary. Aircraft should remain unchanged. Aircraft scheduling is a very complex business.

Darren
Hi
I have a question that you may be able to answer......

We are flying Thomson airways Tom 112 Manchester to montego bay in a few weeks. We have booked premium economy and booked seats 1c and 1d. We have sat in front row with  bulkhead in front on previous occasions and found it to be good choice but have read on this forum about someone being sat in row 2 (?) with the bulkhead in front resulting in less legroom than economy. It's unclear if this was in centre or at sides (I think it said it was a gatwick to montego bay flight)

We are unsure of the configuration of the plane (v1,2,3 or 4) except we know that there are 9 rows in premium from when we chose our seats on Thomson website.

Can you offer any advice. We would like to stay on left hand side to use toilet on left. All side window seats are gone hence we thought 1c and 1d were ideal

Thanks
kefter,

You'll find a seating plan as well as extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). MAN-MBJ-MAN (TOM112/3) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. There are 5 aircraft in the V2 configuration and one in the V1 so chances are, it'll be a V2. If you've sat in a bulkhead row before, then you know what to expect. Some people like them, some don't. There's more room than in the economy cabin, the seat pitch is greater although some find they can't strech their legs out fully, while others think they are fine. Seating is always personal preference, there are no better seats than others.

Darren
If you can, change your seats they are probably (in my opinion) the worst seats in premium.

Despite crews efforts people do cross over in front of you, the noise from the galley, especially on the inbound will constantly disturb you. And as Dazbo has mentioned it doesn't allow you to stretch your legs although you do get more knee room- good for customers who have long upper legs. Also, the in seat tv monitors seem more prone to breaking due to their design-they get more wear and tear.
I'd pick 2-5a/b/c/d if it was myself.
Hi Darren,

It's good to be posting on here again as it means the holiday isn't far away! We are flying Thomson on 3rd April and returning on the 17th April on the LGW - MBJ - LGW on TOM 30/31. We have pre booked our seats which are 6 C,D,E. Can you confirm which 767 layout this is likely to be and can you confirm that the seats we have booked are Premium Economy.

Thanks in advance.

Gav
gbailey141,

LGW-MBJ-LGW (TOM030/1) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. Chances are, it'll be a V2 configured aircraft as there are 5 in this configuration and only 1 on the V1. Aircraft are rotated weekly so it's too early to know which at this stage. Rows 1-9 (forward cabin) are all premium seating.

Darren
Darren,

many thanks for your prompt reply as always. Would you also know where the aircraft to operate the outbound flight originates from?

Cheers

Gav
gbailey141,

There isn't normally a flight immediately before it, it's the first flight of the day. On the odd occasion when there is a flight, it's normally TOM062/3 (Cancun).

Darren
Hi

Can anybody please tell me the aircraft type and seat layout that is scheduled to be used on 15 April Manchester/Bridgetown FLT TOM176

Many thanks

Alan
greensides,

MAN-BGI-MAN (TOM176/7) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seat plans, IFE, aircraft and cabin photos.

Darren
Thanks a lot Darren-amazingly quick response

Alan
Hi - 4 of us fly.. 1/5/12 Glasgow to Cancun on flight ~ Thomson Airways TOM866 & 15/5/12.. Cancun to Glasgow on flight ~ Thomson Airways TOM867.

We have booked premium and would like to sit 2 together with two window seats, then we don't disturb anyone if we need to move from our seats!

Can you tell me what plane this is so I can look at the correct seating plan and any advice on row numbers?

Thanks
:)
urlassie,

GLA-CUN-GLA (TOM866/7) are normally operated by a former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-304/ER (283 seats / winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a seat plan, various aircraft photos and much more. Premium seats are rows 1-5 at the front of the aircraft. Seating is personal preference and all seats offer the same basic facilities apart from the front row where the tray tables and IFE screen fold from the arm rest. It makes little difference really, it's just whatever you prefer. You might want to be on the port (left) side as the toilets are on that side so more easily accessible. Any of the A/B or G/H seats should suit you fine.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I'll have a look at the links.
Hi, travelling out to Sharm on Mon 20 Feb, flight number TOM398. Interested to know what aircraft it will be please.
Also now that meals and inflight entertainment have been scrapped, can we still buy dutyfree tobacco on the flights out?

Thanks
Caroline
Yes you can, most of the prices are still cheaper than the airport (spirits £10 a litre) cigs from £27.50 for 200 and £37.50 400
Hi,

Just wondering if it's too soon to know which aircraft type will be operating TOM4774 LGW-PFO on April 22nd, and TOM4775 return on the 29th?

Thanks in advance,
GK :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.