Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
lighty89 wrote:
Doesn't it annoy you being asked the same stuff all the time?

Not really as it's a holidays information / discussion site so is what we're here for!

lighty89 wrote:
Do you have a link to a site to find out what reg plane did what route?

I use ADS-B from AirNav Systems, but if you search for ACARS, you'll find some.

Darren
Hi, we are due to fly to Rhodes in the summer through First Choice which I believe uses Thomson Airways.

Having done a bit of research on line it looks as if we will be on a 737-800, does anyone know if this is correct? We are trying to prebook seats, we will need to book 4 seats (with an infant on a lap) and have been given row 8 on way out and row 9 on way home, both with seats A, B, C, & D. Can anyone confirm whether these rows will be directly across the aisle from each other, and also whether they will have they have a window next to them?

Thanks in advance.
cledja,

I'll need more details in order to give flight information. Where are you flying from? on what dates? and have you got your flight numbers? It'll be an Airbus A321-200, Boeing 737-800 or Boeing 757-200 depending on your departure airport and date. Regardless of aircraft, seats are configuted 3-3 with seats A/B/C being directly across the from D/E/F on their respectie rows. If you're sat in row 8 A-D, you'll be in a line with the isle between seats C and D. You'll find extensive aircraft information including aircraft and cabin photos, seat maps as well as lots of other information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren. We fly from Luton on 28th July on flight no TOM5642, and return on 4th August on flight no TOM5643. I thought the rows must be level but one of the seat plans I found in line looked like they weren't. Do you know about the windows too as I know my kids will want to see out and I understand there is at least one row that does not have a window? Thanks.
cledja,

LTN-RHO-LTN (TOM5642/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800. It's around rows 11 / 12 that don't have a window.

Darren
Ok great, thanks for your help. Cledja
HI again, I was told you would have more info on our flight equipment in May.....so here I am in may :-)
Any ideas on TOM 894/895 Wed Flights from MAN-SSH in August???

Many thanks for your help

Dave

:)
maddave25,

MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM894/5) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi,Was wondering what type of aircraft will be on TOM 2146 on July 9th from Manchester - Porto Santo? Many thanks,Steve.
stevli,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PXO-MAN (TOM2146/7) should be operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
hi flying from manchester on july 26th to punta cana flight is tom162/3 could you tell me what plane will be used for the flight please , thank you :sun2
petaraven,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM162/3) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi, I'm flying to Las Palmas on TOM7120 from BHX on July 30th. I've upgraded to extra room seats in row 15 outbound and row 16 inbound. The website told me the plane was a 757-200 but the seating plan for extra room seats suggests a 737-800? Can someone confirm which aircraft flys this route please, and if I have the correct extra room seats?

Also is this a relatively new aircraft - I read that Thomson were uprgrading their fleet in 2011/12?

thanks
devilsimon,

BHX-LPA-BHX (TOM7120/1) are showing as operated by Boeing 757-200 on the aircraft shcedule I have. If the seat plan when you're booking seats is showing a 737-800, is must have changed since the schedule was put together. Rows 15 and 16 are the over-wing exit rows on the 737-800. Thomson are replacing some aircraft at the moment with new Boeing 737-800's. The fleet is swapped and changed pretty much weekly for operational and maintenance reasons rather than having specific aircraft based at particular airports so it could be one of a number of aircraft operating your flight in July.

Darren
Well I can't recall when I booked the seats if it said 757 or 737 however, after paying a premium, it only gave me the option to book in row 15 or 16 so that suggests it must be a 737-800 doesn't it?

Does it make sense to ring Thomson as I've paid £100 for extra room seats?

ta,
devilsimon,

If you've booked extra legroom seats on row 15 or 16, then there's nothing to worry about. It's just a change of aircraft from what was originally scheduled (months in advance). The booking system has the most up to date aircraft information when it's uploaded on to the system so will be correct.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Do you know which ex FCA birds are currently away for maintainance and if so when they are back?
For the last 3 weeks ex TOM 763's have been doing the TOM172 MAN-VRA route, ill be on this flight on 04/07/12..

Cheers.
Aarons18,

G-OOAN is back in service after maintenance / refurb, it's G-OOBM's turn now and due back at the end of this month so all will be back to normal from the beginning of June.

Darren
G-PJLO is with BM in Abu Dhabi for same as well
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.