Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
welshy0151,

MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM196/7) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER. It's normally a former First Choice aircraft, but if you check back in May, we'll let you know. We can't comment on load factors, reasons here.

Darren

Hi Darren any news on aircraft, not long now

Hi,

I am flying MAN - ACE on 10th May TOM2468 is this operating on a 767?

- do you know the seat pitch on this aircraft?
Hi Dazbo ....!
You asked me to come back to you in May when you had the summer schedule , so here goes...!
22/9/12 @ 21:25 departing Manchester to Dalaman (Tom 308) & returning 2 weeks later (Tom 309).
What type of aircraft will we be flying on & will it have the new livery..?
Thank's in advance ......... Ash .....! :)
welshy0151,

It's an ex-FCA still as far as I know. Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
sunnyjim,

MAN-ACE-MAN (TOM2468/9) are operated by Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul). you'll find extensive aircraft information, including seating on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
barjiash,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM308/9) are operated by Boeing 757-200 until 29th September, then Boeing737-300 from 6th October until the end of the month. Only G-OBYG (76W) has the new livery at the moment.

Darren
Thank's Dazbo...!
Coming back on a 737-300 from Dalaman......! Not good.
Thought they were old , cramped bangers......? :yikes
barjiash wrote:
Thought they were old , cramped bangers......?

Seating is the same as the ex-FCA 757-200's so not much different really and the ones remaining in the fleet were late-builds so of similar age to other aircraft in the fleet. None have IFE installed so from a passengers perspective, there's little difference. I thought the 733's were long gone (last one retired on 29th April 12) but that's what the schedule is showing. Don't be surprise to find a 738 waiting for you, it could be a typo on the schedule.

Darren
Dazbo.....!

Hope your right about the "Typo" ......? Will find out in 70 ish days when i pre-book the seats as the 737-800 has more rows......I think....? The 737-800 is a nice plane to fly on.....! Fingers crossed...!

Thank's again..... Ash....... :cheers
I thought the 737-300's had gone too Dazbo, but noticed one flying on Tuesday from Manchester, I think to Kefalonia. Whether TOM2412 (MAN-EFL) will change in the next few weeks.

On Jethros it seems to suggest one is going 29 May, G-THOO (coincidentally a new 737-800 is due tomorrow), but G-THOP it seems to suggest is staying for now. On another website though, it says it is currenlty stored since March. Was hoping that they'd all be gone by the start of this summer season when the new 737-800s came in to replace them.
Fly21 wrote:
I thought the 737-300's had gone too Dazbo

There's no 733's showing on the fleet bases for summer 2012, they should have all retired by now so I think it was just a typo on the schedule I have.

Darren
Hi Darren.... again
We have now finally booked our holiday to Antaya for this summer and as the departure date is less than 90 days away, I am going to ring up in the next couple of days and reserve our seats. You previously told my that the flight are normally operated by a 757-200 but that it could be different depending on our departure date

Our departure and arrival dates are now:
MAN - AYT - TOM 512 (31/7/12)
AYT - MAN - TOM 437 (10/8/12)
Can you confirm the aircraft type with these dates, and if so are there any seats we should avoid (no window etc)

Many thanks for helping again :D

Pallan
Hi there

Do you know whether TOM 172/3 (MAN-VRA-MAN) departing 20/6 and back on the 04/7 are operated by ex FCA or Ex TOM aircraft? Have some friends going who have asked and I know the friendly folks here tend to be in the know.

Thanks in advance.
This is the summer edition of 'the eatery' menu card http://img.tapatalk.com/6d97ef4a-350f-b6f4.jpg
I am just back from lanzarote yesterday, we went EDI-ACE 29/04/2012 on a thomson airways plane and came back on a chartered Monarch flight , crew says to us that they will be flying this route and also to Dalaman every Thursday for the summer is this true? we took up the offer of seating in the extra leg room seats, i think it was row ten and there was just two seats on each side,if this helps anyone flying from Edinburgh.
Dazbo.....!
Last question re :- Tom308/309.....! Where does our
Plane come in from , so I can check for possible
Delays.........!

Thank's again , Ash....!
Thanks very much for the information Darren.
:D
Im wanting to book an holiday to Mexico next summer 2013

I only want to book with Thompsons as I want to go on the new Dreamliner

can i book holiday on gaurentee that i only want to go on Dreamliner

Anybody care to point out how i will know what aircraft is going to be used?
If you go on the Thomson website, on the homepage click on the advert for the 787 Dreamliner it will show you what dates are planned to be operated by the 787.

Personally I would pick a date from June onwards rather than launch month May. It's also worth pointing out that any airline can swap aircraft and even "sub" in another airline completely there is no 100% guarantee that you will be on Dreamliner due to unforeseen circumstances, more so with a new aircraft type. That being said I have read on other websites that the current 787's are experiencing a high percentage of reliability.

Hope this answers your question.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.