Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I hope it is the A321 again now!!

Unfortunately not as its a B737-800.
Can anyone help with the following questions please. The Inflight Menu online for the Summer Season is that valid in September. And is it still 90days (by Telephone) prior to departure for booking seat numbers for outbound and 90days from return for inbound.
qatarman,

This year I was only able to do my seat selection for both legs 90 days before the return flight. That means that if you are away longer than 7 days then others might have been able to select their outbound seats before you can. Online and phone selection now appear to open the same day.
Thank you Paul.
I will try direct with Thomson Airways 90days prior see what happens. as it is always easier to get through on their lines. Why oh why do they keep moving the goal posts. It was 60days online and 90days by telephone when i did it for our March Mexico trip.
Post subject: Re: THOMSON AIRWAYS ... Q&AsPosted: April 29th, 2012, 9:58 pm

View My Media

gaz68,

Welcome onboard

EDI-LPA-EDI (TOM1654/5) are indeed operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find a generic seat map linked from on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As the 757 is a mixture of ex-FCA and ex-TOM, there are 4 variations to the seat plans. It's only a couple of seats different, but the generic one wll give you 99% of the aircrafts seats. It's actually row 12 that are the door 2 exit / extra legroom seats. These are in pairs due to the emergency exit slides prodruding in to the cabin a little so there isn't a seat F on that row. This row is an exit row rather than emergency exit. I've not see which aircraft is going to be EDI based as yet so it may be a leased one as last year, hence the diffent configuration. If you've booked and paid for extra legroom seating, you'll be assigned them regardless of row number.

Darren

Thanks for your detailed reply. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner but I've had difficulty in logging on to the site this past couple of days!

I'm guessing this particular aircraft is leased as the extra legroom rows are 10 & 31. I chose the seats myself from the map & I had the guy email me the seating plan, & as I said none of the maps I've seen anywhere have row 10 as extra legroom. Maybe I can do a screenshot or something or possibly send you the email.

Thanks,

gaz

Hi Darren,

This Service is starting this Saturday (5 May). Would you be able to find out which aircraft is going to be used as I'm keen to find out, & also to see a seat map if that's possible as well!

Many thanks,

gaz
qatarman,

Seat selection over the phone is from 90 days prior to your inbound flight date. Menus are normally reviewed for the start of each season so may change in May and November for the following 6 months depending on demand for certain items.

Darren
gaz68,

Flights are being operated for Thomson by a Monarch Airlines Boeing 757-200 from EDI. G-DAJB will be operatng them initially but G-MONK for the majority of the summer season.

Darren
Hi there, I am flying to Dalaman with Thomson on 2nd July at 08.25 from Manchester. Thomsons have advise that my aircraft will be YH 767 300. What airline is this please if not Thomsons as I would assume thier flight numbers would satrt with TA.

Thanks
alexkeirmaxmum

This is a Thomson Airways plane, it is a Boeing 767-300 and the YH they have quoted is the last two letters of the registration - in this case the full registration is G-OBYH. The registration is often abbreviated to the final two letters by those 'in the know'. Search online for G-OBYH and you will find info and pics of the plane you will be going on. I'm surprised they know for sure which aircraft it will be as they are rotated weekly for operational and maintenance reasons. If not YH then it should be another of the 767-300s in the fleet. Incidentally, Thomson Airways flight numbers start with TOM, not TA as you may think. Have a great flight.

Dave.
alexkeirmaxmum,

Welcome onboard :tup
As dave74 mentioned, your flights, MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM496/7) are operated by a Thomson Airways Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul / winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including photos and seat plans.

Darren
Which Thomson aircraft is flying the Cardiff to Lanzarote route this summer ? Any one know please ?
flight numbers are TOM 6706 and 6707.
meyrick,

CWL-ACE-CWL (TOM6706/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Thank you Darren, on booking seat numbers Thomson Airways say "can be booked 90days prior to departure" talk about left hand and right hand.
Why don't they take the Jet2 model and allow booking seats by number when you have made your holiday booking you even get a seat plan,same on Wizz Air.
hi there please help

flying to puerto plata in july and just booked our seats. is row 9 the back row in the premium cabin and could you suply a good link to maybe see some pictures. this is the first time on a thompson flight roll on 2013 or 2014 for west cost mexico
Thanks Dave and Darren, feel a bit silly now as was a bit worried tbh :rofl Had visions of a dodgy plane.

Had a look at the Which aircraft link too and looks like there is loads of legroom. Great site thanks again :tup
shaper546,

Row 9 is the rear row in the premium cabin on the ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft, cabin and seat photos, seat maps and IFE information.

Darren
Hi again

Does anyone have a definitive list of registrations for the Thomson (Not EX-FCA) 767 fleet including their seat layout?

I note a short haul A/C (G-OBYH) has been used on the MAN-SFB-MAN (TOM136/137) on 28-29/04/2012

Cheers,

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.