Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
just booked for Mexico next Summer.... Dreamliner flights :D I cant wait to see all the reviews come in on the new Dreamliner next May....
just booked for Mexico next Summer.... Dreamliner flights :D I cant wait to see all the reviews come in on the new Dreamliner next May....

...................assuming they get delivered in May - I can still remember the glossy brochures from Spring 2008 WHEN THEY WERE DUE FOR 2009 !! :rofl
brewerdave wrote:
assuming they get delivered in May

They'll be in service for a few months prior to then. May 2013 is the introduction to long haul. Crew training and familiarisation flights will be commencing early 2013 with the first aircraft expected in January 2013.

The leases on two of the long haul, ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER's expire in the summer with a reduction in the long haul fleet, hence some long haul destinations aren't available later in the year. G-DBLA's lease expires in June 2012 and G-PJLO in August 2012 (dates to be confirmed).

Darren
qatarman,

MAN-LCA-MAN (TOM2700/1) are scheduled to be operated by Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul) between 27th May and 7th October. Up to the 20th May, it's a Boeing 737-800 and from 14th October until the end of the month, it's a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
I don't believe the 767s are going now that info is outdated.

If you have a look at the schedule for July - September there are still 10 767's in there being all the ex FCA and OBYH/F/G/D

Destinations were 'chopped' due to low bookings
The leases on two of the long haul, ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER's expire in the summer with a reduction in the long haul fleet, hence some long haul destinations aren't available later in the year. G-DBLA's lease expires in June 2012 and G-PJLO in August 2012.

..Being serious for a moment, is that why some Manchester destinations have been "chopped"? There's been a lot of moans about M'cr- Mombasa dropping off the programme.
brewerdave,

The way I understand it, yes. Due to the severe delays in the 787's being delivered, the aircraft leases are coming to an end and they aren't being renewed as the 787's were to replace them. Chopped destinatations are likely to be reintroduced at some stage.

Darren
Hi Dazbo, I just wondered if you knew how many Dreamliners they are having delivered and when we will be able to have a look at them at either MAN or EMA.... :tup
As i say still 10 B76 flights per day in the programme for July-Sept :whoops
dinner-lady,

The latest information I have is the first one is due in January 2013, with 3 others through 2013 but I don't have dates for them as yet. With several delays to the programme, all the dates I had for the first few aircraft last year have long gone!

Darren
Hi can you tell me if the plane has been changed on the flight for TOM182 MAN to SFB on 6 may?? Should be an ex first choice. As there has been a few plane changes flying from Manchester and with no premier cabin.

Thank you
none of the flights have been substituted this year with no premium cabin as all long haul aircraft have one.
Hi Darren,

Flying to Cancun on 9 May TOM 196 at 12:20.

Would I be right in assuming that the flight it operates before is TOM 0122 also to Cancun?

I had been wondering why our flight leaves a few hours later than most Cancun flights (which depart in the morning) but looking at the timetable TOM0122 has an extra long turnaround in Cancun of 5 hours instead of the usual 2 hours - any ideas why that might be?
Usually the first week or so of the season flights tend to operate outside the normal timetable. Quite a few of the aircraft are still undergoing maintenance so the ones still in the UK are spread very thinly. Your aircraft doesn't have long on Cancun but instead flys to another UK airport, instead of back to Manchester and then onto Manchester empty. The later departure is to accommodate this exception to the flying programme. It is quite normal to happen over the first month of each respective season.
Hi We are flying to Cancun from BHX on Thursday 3rd May TOM374 returning 10/05 TOM375 can you tell me if this an ex FCA plane? We have also booked seats 19A & 19B which I think may be in front of the exit seats..do theses seats recline (dont normally but if there is a big space behind may well do ;) Any info warmly welcomed

Thanks Lucie
Aircraft Virtual Tours

A very useful tool for anyone travelling and want a heads up of seating
xThomsonfly 767 -> http://vrfilm.tuiflynordic.se/boeing767/ (bear in mind this is the nordic version, still the same interior - premium for shorthaul flights)
B757 here -> http://vrfilm.tuiflynordic.se/757/ (again might be slightly different)
B737 -> http://vrfilm.tuiflynordic.se/737/ (now leather seats)
B737 (newer sky interior aircraft) -> http://vrfilm.tuiflynordic.se/ny737/
gaz68,

Welcome onboard

EDI-LPA-EDI (TOM1654/5) are indeed operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find a generic seat map linked from on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As the 757 is a mixture of ex-FCA and ex-TOM, there are 4 variations to the seat plans. It's only a couple of seats different, but the generic one wll give you 99% of the aircrafts seats. It's actually row 12 that are the door 2 exit / extra legroom seats. These are in pairs due to the emergency exit slides prodruding in to the cabin a little so there isn't a seat F on that row. This row is an exit row rather than emergency exit. I've not see which aircraft is going to be EDI based as yet so it may be a leased one as last year, hence the diffent configuration. If you've booked and paid for extra legroom seating, you'll be assigned them regardless of row number.

Darren

Thanks for your detailed reply. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner but I've had difficulty in logging on to the site this past couple of days!

I'm guessing this particular aircraft is leased as the extra legroom rows are 10 & 31. I chose the seats myself from the map & I had the guy email me the seating plan, & as I said none of the maps I've seen anywhere have row 10 as extra legroom. Maybe I can do a screenshot or something or possibly send you the email.

Thanks,

gaz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.