Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
No,

The plan is to use it to gran canaria and Tenerife. There is too much dust foreign objects to potentially damage the new toy in Egypt. Also more flights to the former means spare parts are more readily available.
The plan is to use it to gran canaria and Tenerife.

I thought it was just being used on certain long haul flights, are there plans to introduce them on medium haul routes?

:think I certainly want to have a flight in one however I do object to having to pay a supplement for the privilege, perhaps we should get an equivalent discount when having to use other aircraft with less legroom and facilities.
Initially for crew training etc... It will operate mid haul before operating long haul from May 2013

It would take too long to get the crew used to the aircraft if it went straight onto long haul, similar to how airfrance operated the A380 on CDs-lhr-CDs route. So Jan-Apr 2013 it will be doing lpa/tfs, it was originally going to be ssh.
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
The plan is to use it to gran canaria and Tenerife.

we should get an equivalent discount when having to use other aircraft with less legroom and facilities.

I agree, but it will never happen. I wonder if Thomson will be handing £20 notes out with boarding cards when a 787 is substituted for a 767, when/if things go wrong?
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
I wonder if Thomson will be handing £20 notes out with boarding cards when a 767 is substituted for a 787, when/if things go wrong?
:rofl

I bet it'll be well buried somewhere in the T&C's that any plane substitution will not be eligible for a refund.
baz657

Its in the T&C's and it does state a refund will be given.
BEfreeTODAY wrote:
baz657

Its in the T&C's and it does state a refund will be given.
I stand corrected :whoops

I still can't see the gate agent handing out cash - more like a voucher of some sort.
Hi,

We are flying PE to Sanford on 18th May flight number TOM126, I know it will be a 767-300, but was wondering if you know exactly what plane it will be yet?

Also, I've seen on a previous post about the food you can buy on short haul flights (e.g. bacon baguette, chicken fajita wrap, chips) as they no longer have meals, but are these available to buy on long haul flights? We have some fussy eaters and was wondering whether we can buy those or if we will need to take some things of our own on board.

Thank you.
pigletliz,

You are provided with a full meal (choice of 2, normally chicken or beef) and a snack box later in the flight on long haul as part of the fare, snacks are available for purchase in between meals but not those mentioned as far as I know. You can take your own food onboard if you wish. Your flight is stilll an ex-FCA as far as I know.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

I know we get meals its just I've got a fussy lot lol, thanks again
Hi Daz,

Can you advise the aircraft type operating TOM4230/31 to Palma 5th June.

Many thanks

Gav
gbailey141,

LGW-PMI-LGW (TOM4230/1) are operated by Boeing 757-200 until mid October, then it's a Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Daz altho my missus might be a bit upset if it goes from MAN as it should be LGW.

Gav
Well spotted! I'm too used to typing MAN, fingers have a habit! MAN flights start with a 0 or 2 on short / mid haul, LGW 0 or 4 so I shouldn't have got it wrong!

Darren
Hi We are flying to Cancun from BHX this Thursday 3rd May TOM374 returning 10/05 TOM375 can you tell me if this an ex FCA plane? We have also booked seats 19A & 19B which I think may be in front of the exit seats..do theses seats recline (dont normally but if there is a big space behind may well do) Any info warmly welcomed

Sorry for reposting but think my original one got lost in the server upgrade..
luceeley,

It's an ex-FCA as far as I know. Row 19 have full recline and are the last row before the over-wing exits on the V2 aircraft. I spent a very pleasant 14 hours sat in those! You'll find photos of these seats on page 157, also linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) where you'll find answers to many of your questions.

Edit: Your original post was answered here.

Darren
G-OBYG (ex-TOM 76W) was unveiled from Air Livery at Manchester Airport this morning in the new livery, photo here. I must say it looks better on the sleeker 787 than the 767 but it's a little more spritely than the current livery.

Darren
Dazbo,

In an earlier post, you said that my flights TOM 4668/4669 LGW-FUE-LGW on June 9th/16th would be likely to be on one of the two remaining A321s - I've already reserved our seats and have been given row 4 for the return journey.

In the early hours of this morning, I flew back into LGW from PFO on G-OOPE, and was in seat 5C (incidentally - if anyone else is flying on an A321, row 5 seems to have a decent amount of legroom compared to others... just watch your head on the partition - I speak from experience...!!) - whilst on board, I noticed that row 4 is one of the old FCA short-haul premium rows with better seats and a bit of extra legroom, yet I haven't been charged for extra legroom seats... so I was wondering whether I'd had a stroke of luck there, or has there been/is there likely to be an aircraft change... or are rows 1-4 now just sold as standard seats on the A321s?

Thanks in advance,

GK :)
GoldenKnight,

Those rows have normally been sold as extra legroom seating as they have 34" seat pitch compared the standard 28".

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.