Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I don't believe there is nothing you can do. You agreed to the first price, was presumably happy with it and subsequently booked.

Finding a cheaper price afterwards does not entitle you to a refund of the difference.

Mark
I agree with Mark. Once I've booked a holiday at a price I'm happy with I stop looking at the price as it can only cause heartache more times than not!
I find this works well with tvs clothes and cars too!!! :wink:
Jon
There's nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.
You could always try and see if they would alter it.
If you dont ask you dont get.
They can only say no.
The package possibly includes transfers or insurance or some other component which you haven't included.
Although it might seem heartless (!) the two comments I often hear (and agree with to an extent) are:

a) If you had seen the price had gone up, would you be calling up to offer to pay more?

b) If you bought a tin of beans in a supermarket, and noticed they were on special the next week, would you go back and ask for a refund in the difference?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic with these comments, but I agree with the two posters above - only book when you're happy, and don't go back checking afterwards! Similarly, if you don't ask you don't get, so no harm, except if you end up spending a fortune on 0870 numbers asking!
this is from the same company on the same web site surely it should be the same price
You should have done your homework before you booked I'm afraid. You were happy to pay £504 at the start, so put losing the £55 down to experience

Thomsons normally take about 45 mins to answer the phone, so if you want to wait that length time you could try to get them to lower the price. You've nothing to lose except paying for the call.

Holiday prices change all the time - up and down. It's a fact of life.
If your going to use Thomson its worth pricing up flights and hotel seperately. I was pricing up once and found a two thousand pound difference between price of the package and flights and hotel separately. You can buy an awful lot of transfers for two grand.
Had three nights in Barcelona last year, went into thomsons to price it up, found out that the flights were on easyjet so did it over the net myself and saved £300 on what I had been quoted....

ATB,J.
I can uncerstand your confusion and frustration.

The only consolation is that when you book a package, the whole trip is covered by the insurance, whereas if it's a flight and hotel separatey, I believe there can be trouble getting money back from the hotel if the flight is cancelled or whatever.......

So if, for example, there should be fog (which I hope not at that time of year :shock: ) as the Channel Islands are prone to it...then you will be covered more in the event of delays.........

Also, have you got a transfer included in your package price? I know Jersey is small but you couldn't walk from the airport :D

All in all I would say forget it, and just look forward to your holiday....we customers are just pawns in the hands of these companies........
they move in mysterious ways..........
The only consolation is that when you book a package, the whole trip is covered by the insurance, whereas if it's a flight and hotel separatey, I believe there can be trouble getting money back from the hotel if the flight is cancelled or whatever.......

Apologies as this is slightly off topic, but how so Acorncup? I have annual travel insurance and expect the same cover from any DIY trip as I do from a package. Is that not the case?
Acorncup isn't referring to your personal holiday insurance but the cover provided through ABTA and ATOL bonding for package holidays in the evnt of the TO or airline going bust etc - cover which isn't usually available with DIY holidays.

SM
I think i read somewhere that you can buy insurance that will now cover you for a diy holiday.
I think it was in the TTG.
oh thanks SMa, I was puzzling over how to take up puddleduck's challenge :?

If I am wrong then I heartily apologise, but I think it was the ABTA/ATOL bit I'd heard of...

but you would think that a general travel insurance would cover DIY holidays, wouldn't you?

Not that any of this helps cow boy with his original question........
some 5 years ago i sorted a diy family holiday, when it all went base over apex, i claimed from our holiday insurance for myself and otherhalf losses [two fiths of the total cost] and was payed out within 3 weeks in full, we still use the same insurers Not cheap but even recomended last year and this in which mag, like any other part of the holiday you get what you pay for

wizard
i also booked a diy holiday earlier this year and had to cancel and got most of our money back
we tried to alter the dates due to a bereavment but couldnt
and we have only got a normal basic annual insurance with egg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.