Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Sorry it seems my last paragraph has cut and pasted funny - you get the drift.

I have since sent another letter asking for the following to be addressed (cut and pasted from letter):

My main complaints which have still not been addressed are as follows:

1) The mis-selling and misrepresentation by the transfer representative and holiday representative regarding the trip. They said it was safe and all expenses were covered when it was clearly not. Thomson's are liable for all that their staff say to customers, so Thomson's are responsible for this misrepresentation. Surely Thomson's are required to undertake a certain duty of care to their customers?

2) The spa people themselves demanding money with menaces - a crime in just about any country in the world. Thomson's were negligent in allowing me to be subjected to a crime by one of their suppliers on an excursion booked through them.

3) Thomson's were negligent in abandoning us there when the minibus left without us (we were in an enclosed spa, we were not off sightseeing and forgot the time!) without checking that we were safe.

4) Thomson's did not follow up my in-resort complaint appropriately. A crime had been committed and I was not advised to inform the Police in Turkey. It is obviously too late to do that now so Thomson's were negligent in their initial response when I reported the matter to both their Customer Services team in the UK and their in-resort staff. Filling in a Customer Service Report is only an acknowledgement of an issue, not a reactive response to a crime.
Is this posting a complaint and a request for advice in resolving the matter or is it just a rant?

I can understand how you feel. We do try to assist people when they have a problem, but your post does not make clear if that is what you wish.

fwh
It's a matter I have been trying to persue with Thomson's for months - an ongoing complaint and I think they think I am complaining for complainings sake - it was terrifying xxx
If you booked the excursion through your TO then I'm sure they are responsible for your health and safety.

By offering you the £100 travel voucher then Thomson's, in my opinion, are admitting some form of liability. I'd ask that they sent you £100 cheque.

We have a travel solicitor Simpson Millar - details here, http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=147960

Contact them & ask to speak to Nick Harris, inform them that you are a member of holidaytruths & you will be given some free advice.
Sounds like an awful experience, similar to one I had in Turkey a few years ago. I was 'felt up' by one of the masseurs -it was so quick that I didn't have time to stop him. We went independently of our tour operator so I had nobody to complain to.

On a different note, reps have to push excursions on transfer coaches and at every conceivable opportunity. They are told to do this and as they do not want you to book at a bucket shop they will say not to go there.
This is their job and a completely normal and common practise with every tour operator, however they should be using a reputable, safe and trustworthy supplier.

Have you told Thomson what it is exactly that you want? Apology? Compensation?
Thank you for responding to my post, I will phone Nick tomorrow.

Initially I wanted an investigation into what had happened and the spa manager to be spoken to by Thomsons in the hope that he would never do it again following by a detailed response and apology to me. I also want the extra money that had been charged to us whilst on the excursion to the spa to be reimbursed.

Now however after battling and battling with Thomson to listen to me I want some kind of compensation for what I have been through. The first half of the holiday was ruined because of how shaken up we were, and now on reflection none of us enjoyed the holiday because of what happened and any nice memories we did have have been overshadowed by all of this :( if that makes sense x
Was this place exclusive to Thomson?
If not can you tell me what it was called so I can avoid it next month when I go to Icmeler?
Hi it is where the Thomson excursions go from Icemeler and Marmaris, it is not exclusive no but I do not know the actual name. Believe it or not it is a really posh place just with an aggressive horrible con artist manager. The spa itself is on the outskirts of Marmaris if I remember rightly so try and avoid if you can. Perhaps ask your hotel receptionist for a recommendation or other guests. I would be very careful and keep your wits about you but perhaps I just had a terifying experience.

WELL .... I have had a result, a Thomson Manager phoned me earlier and was lovely and admitted that what happened was awful and completely unacceptable. She apologised for the overseas team not dealing with it properly and apologised for the girls behaviour towards me who was supposed to be dealing with the complaint. I have been assured that the overseas team have looked into the matter but a full investigation is now underway :)

She is also sending me a cheque for £200 - she asked me if this was ok and said she did not want to insult me, I got the impression that was the first offer and she would have gone up .... to be honest though it is not about the money (yes it is nice they are sending it me and I plan to go to a spa for the day and have what I should have had on my holidays) but it was mainly about acknowledgement and an apology.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me xxx
hi :wave: ...have been reading the posts....glad you got things sorted...tweetie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.