Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi ruby 08
We have been on Destiny many times now including this year when we had cabin 6078, we like you nearly booked one of the front cabins but did not, but we did have a look when on board they are bigger but in not very good condition and i would not recomend them, you also get a lot of noise when docking being at the front, i still feel that the best if you can aford it are the delux and i would recomend 7000 as the best, but if not the cabin we had is not in a bad possision and you only had one cabin next to you, but i don't think we will ever go again unless we go delux.
Hope this helps, the ship is great and so are the crew you will have a good time
Regards
Roger
hi roger
thanks for reply we have been informed that our party are in rooms 6001 6002 and 6006 so we will have to see what they like now. We where told they are of same standard of room we had booked on the island escape and the only rooms that convert into double beds. Could you help me on another thing my husband is trying to find out what draught beer they sell
We were on the Destiny in July and it was San Miguel on draft - enjoy - our fave holiday ever !!!
Hi ruby 08
It was Stella in the Caribbean but that was in March or Boddies in cans
I am sure the cabins will be ok :tup
Roger
hi ruby, it was san miguel in september but iv texted one of the bar staff and they said it could change any day now to stella
hope this helps :cheers
Thanks everyone for the information.
I wasn't looking forward to going on the Destiny but the more i read the more i'm looking forward to it,just over 6 weeks to go
Thinking of booking a cruise on the Destiny and was wondering if its worth booking the All Inclusive drinks package?
Does anyone know the currentdrink prices for Beer and Wine?
Hi nickmacuk
Just got back and the prices are Beer £3.10
House wine £3.50
We had all inc but it was free (because we booked early) but i think if you have to pay the full amount you just about break even obviously depending on how much you can drink. The all inc is as was over the past years including coffee in the lounges and some premium drinks ie Drambuie, Teachers,Bombay sappire.
I do have a copy of the latest bar list but don't know how to put it on this site.
Have a nice time
Roger
Thanks for the reply Roger, just realised I have put the wrong ship :duh it's the Dream I am looking at but I guess prices will be similar. Think the AI package costs around £330.00 for the party (Not sure how many that covers) As a single passenger its pos still worth considering depending on having to pay for other drink ie coffees.
I will also post in the Dream forum as well.
I think you can post the price list if yo scan it then upload the image using the codes above (don't think it contravenes the T&Cs(
Yes, if you can scan the bar list the upload it to a site like Image Shack or Photobucket, you will then have a link to post it here as an image.

luci :wave
I can scan the list but don't understand the rest, i have sent scanned info on email in the past but i don't realy understand computers.
Sorry
Roger
Just returned from our holiday in the Destiny, although the weather was a bit rough at times we had a great cruise, our cabin 7016 was lovely really spacious, the staff were really friendly and gave loads of assistance when we needed it, food was good, drinks prices were reasonable for a cruise we thought.
The only downside for us were the frequency of steps, my hubby uses a wheelchair and it was a bind at times, we managed, but there were times it was quite tiring having to go up and down in the lift (waiting for able bodied people to give us space in the lifts was frustrating) as the oklahoma lounge and clipper bar had to be accessed via lifts at the back of the ship, but there were a few steps to negotiate to get to the lifts.
nevertheless we managed and had a good holiday, but honestly we wouldn't choose this ship again but only because of the amount of steps my hubby would have to negotiate as everything else was brilliant.
Ruby

If you haven't done so already, it would be appreciated if you could write a review of the ship by clicking Cruise Reviews at the top of the page.

Hi Lucy, no probs will do review now.
Here is the Bar List courtesy of Roger

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5542/barbill001.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4665/barbill002.jpg

Unfortunately the text is quite small and the images are too large to post as an image.

Thanks Roger and Luci :tup My eyesight isn't good so I saved the image onto my computer and opened it with one of my photo editing progs. where I could zoom in, everything clearly visible 8-)
Any of you posters been yet? If so any tips for a cruise newbie? We are going on 20th Feb, one week full board Gems cruise, then one week A/I Hotel in Dom Rep. Had surgery in November and want a relaxing, sunny break, so we won't be going on all the energetic excursions, but would like to have a wander around at each port of call i.e Grenada, Antigua, St Lucia, St Maartins and the Virgin Islands. Any advice re shopping, beaches etc would be appreciated. :tup
Hi moles,kent
You will be ok at all of the ports for just a walk round, just remember if you do the trips they will be in the SMALL coaches which are not very comfortable.
Grenada has a nice market to have a look at we did this on our second visit but did the plantations on our first.
Virgin Island bit of a walk about 30mins but a market on the way and beach is a bit further out you can get on one of the open buses just make sure you get on one with a ladder as they are a bit off the ground
St Maarten has a great beach close by but I would recommend you take the boat ferry if you can as it's a bit of a walk away about 45mins go to the far end of the beach opposite the swimming platform its cheaper and you have beer included. It also has lots of shops round the back streets and also close to the dock.
If you are doing the cruise first it's a great transfer, straight off the plane, no customs, onto the coach and your cases are waiting outside your cabin. We did back to back cruise not the stay so don't know much about Dominica but we did do the river boat trip to Altos De Chavon which I would recommend and its on a standard size coach.
Any other questions just ask, we loved it.
Roger
moles, kent

There is a topic at the top of the forum called DIY Excursions - Caribbean which may have some information.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.