Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
1. Are you saying that the small print says that you don't get the extras with Monarch or that you might not get them if the flight isn't with Thomson?

2. Before you paid were you told that the extras wouldn't be possible or, if Monarch were already excluded in writing, were you told the airline?

At some point before the booking was confirmed you should have been told exactly what you were paying for if it wasn't what the "big print" promotion said, the small print may not be legally binding.
Read the Terms- and conditions carefully.

You can cancel the holiday and get a full refund due to a major change by Thomson.

Thomson lists a range of major changes but it does also state in that section:

These changes are only examples & there may be other significant changes which constitute major changes.

So a change of airplane could be a significant change.

Next is to estblish if it is beyond their control.

It says:

technical problems with transport including changes due to rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline or alteration of the airline or aircraft type for reasons beyond our control or that of our suppliers

That reads to me a last minute change to aircraft which this clearly isn't.

Even changing airlines doesn't mean that you are not entitled to the luggage allowance and select your seat. It purely means an alternative method of flying with those facilities still being able to be offered.

You will need to convince Thomson that this is a major change. Once they have acknowledged this you are in a position to do some bargaining.

Mark :)
Thanks for replies to my query.

The small print says you dont get the extras if flying with another airline. It does say at back of brochure its Monarch flight, but as I booked over the phone I did not have brochure at hand. I was not told when booking it was not a Thomson flight.
Where does that say it in the brochure? I just downloaded it and briefly scanned the Ts and Cs, but can't find it quick enough.

the A-Z guide under Your Flight
You mean this bit?

Your Flight
This section applies mainly to Thomson Airways bookings. If your flight is with an alternative airline, please check the conditions specified by your carrier, together with the below as some sections may still be relevant to your booking.

If they are referring to this, they are wrong as it refers to Thomson Airways bookings. You made a Thomson Holiday booking.

To add:

if it said:

Your Flight
This section applies mainly to Thomson Airways flights. If your flight is with an alternative airline, please check the conditions specified by your carrier, together with the below as some sections may still be relevant to your booking.

They would be correct.

See the difference between Thomson Airways BOOKINGS and FLIGHTS - it is only one word but changes everything.

Thanks for all advice will get back on to Thomson now.
Let us know how you get on. If you don't get the satisfactory answer, ask for a manager or supervisor.

Did the OP have any success?

I spent some time putting a solution to the table and it would be nice to get some feedback :que

Mark, I think you will see that the OP says her holiday was booked to start on 31st August. Presumably she has taken the holiday and left today? Hopefully she will post on her return as to the outcome?
:whoops Missed that quite vital bit of information :oops:

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.