Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi have also noticed they have put on a flight sup of £80!!!! and increased price of delux cabin from £896 to £1120
Silly prices just getting sillier ! Have gone through all the discount cruise websites but no one seems to be offering more off than about £20 from Thomson website price. For the money Thomson want we can go on RC Oasis of the Seas !!!!!
They were doing some offers on the Dream when I was on in Feb didnt get any details though. All I can say is go on the Red Sea armed with the best price you can find at the time then see if they can beat it.
Wait! We are booked to go on Destiny on 10th April and could have saved over £600!!! :yikes if we had booked it today and not 10 months ago. I will never book a Thomson cruise so early again - we didn't even get all inclusive. I have watched the price go up and down but clearly if you wait until about 4 weeks before you can get a good deal. I have tried to book on board before and have never thought it worth it. I feel ripped off :cry
I feel for you 'thespian' i think most of us have done this at some time but i still like to plan & book our main holiday well in advance which i did for our next one in June (on the Dream) and we did get the all inc and lots of discount, the only reason we are waiting to book our next holiday is so we can get a first hand account of how the Dream is now befor we book for the Caribbean so we realise we have lost the all inc and face any increases, but we will be looking at other suppliers!! its just so handy to go on a Thomson flight to a Thomson ship from a local airport.
I know you will have a great time on Destiny and hope you can put the cost out of your mind whilst away. Don't forget you can buy duty free at the port in Palma and use it on the boat :cheers
Roger :tup
Hi Roger
I know we'll have a fab time - she's on old lady but we've always enjoyed our cruises on her! It's just soooooooo annoying! I agree about the flights - we did RCI to Caribbean once and changing flights in New York was a pain, not to mention having to stay in a 2* hotel overnight. I am stuck to school holidays so if I leave it too late there is a chance there won't be a decent cabin left. It's just for some reason this year there are plenty of cabins left on deck 4/5 and the premium seats have gone down too. I'm going to stop looking. I just wish P&O were sailing round the Caribbean at Easter - we don't have much choice Thomson or non-direct flights! Heigh ho...

Thesp
I would love to be able to leave booking until about 4 weeks before but I'm limited to school hols and hubby is limited to one person in the dept being allowed off at a time in winter/spring. We booked 15 months ago for the Red Sea Magic - we go 4 weeks tomorrow and the price is £900 cheaper than we paid !! (We got A.I. free and that £900 includes paying for the drinks package) Prices down partly due to the Egypt situation I know but still a huge price difference :(
Hi Liverpool Lou
Have a great time and I hope you get to visit all the sights. If you haven't been before I can recommend a café overlooking the Sphinx with the Pyramids in the background, breathtaking view with the best coffee I have tasted. Petra is also a must do but be prepared for a long HARD walk well worth it.
Roger
Hi Liverpool Lou
Being tied to the school hols is a pain I know. We did Red Sea Magic (booked early and got stung but it was the New Year holiday) and it was awesome. Totally agree with Roger, Petra is a must! It is also a long journey - someone gave us the tip of taking a cushion and a blanket from the cabin so we could sleep on the way back, we were very glad of them as it was very cold on the way back. It had snowed the day before though too. All the ports are industrial so we took a trip every day - very skint and very tired at the end! Fabulous holiday though - enjoy!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.