General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
With a group this size it may be worth visiting a few shops and speaking to the manager, even where there are no discounts in the brochure it may be possible to work something out, especially as you aren't high season and are flexible on hotels.

There is a potential problem with big groups on package tours, especially if you book well in advance, that we've encountered before. If someone has to drop out it can create problems - you can't just invite someone else to take their place as the operator will want a fee for the name change. Cancelling people out of a group would also bring fees and may complicate the rest of the group booking. Flight only airlines would also want a name change fee but it may be less and the hotel wouldn't be bothered as long as the right number turned up.

On the other hand, if this was one big package booking and you or your partner were taken ill shortly before and had to cancel, the others would stand more chance with an insurance claim. Sorry to raise this issue but there's a lot of money at stake here.

Over recent years easyjet have started releasing summer flights around the previous autumn so you could get a full 12 months. That doesn't guarantee you get the cheapest price, they may have sales later, but they do have a little known price promise where if you do find the same seats cheaper after you book they'll give you the difference in credit vouchers.

Don't forget the cost of transfers which would be included in a proper package. And for a family group of that size have you considered a large villa?
Hi steve, thankyou for taking the time to post. This is what i like about HT, there are excellent members :cheers

I think i will wait until the big tour operators release their summer 2012 holidays, and i will have a word with them.

I have had a look at renting a large villa, but this works out more expenisve, and to be honest i dont think everyone would want to be in the same villa, i think the aim is to go to the same apartments, but have different rooms for privacy.
I think my father would be looking for a flight home after 2 days if he had to share a villa with my father in law to be. Hes a nice enough man, but too loud and opinionitive (if thats a word?)

thanks again for your help :)
We took a group (about 23) to Portugal this year with Jet2 holidays. We paid a low deposit and they didn't need names until 2 weeks before departure.
Sunaddict wrote:
We took a group (about 23) to Portugal this year with Jet2 holidays. We paid a low deposit and they didn't need names until 2 weeks before departure.

You have made my day sunaddict :cheers , i will contact them when i have made arrangements with my wedding planner.

thankyou
yummymummy

Your welcome. I hope you can get everything sorted satisfactorily.

http://www.jet2holidays.com/groupbooking.aspx
Thankyou once again :)
It says i need to phone them if i need a group booking, which i will do once summer 2012 holidays are available.

But, i did a 'dummy search' for september 2011 (as sept 2012 isnt out yet), and it said that there was only 1 hotel in Pefkos available and it was nearly 500pounds per person for a week in september. surely there cant be only 1 hotel left for next september?

I know i shouldnt be worrying, because it isnt next september that we go, it will be the following september.
Be careful booking lots of seats on a low cost airline. You may get seats at the lowest price at which 12 seats are available, not the total price of the next 12 seats available.

As an extreme example.

If there are 11 seats at £1 each, then the next 20 are £50 and you want 12 you will pay £600 (12x£50) and not £61 (11 x £1 + 1 x £50).

I've tested this with Jet2 and this is how their booking system works.
daveyyjp

I think yummymummy is looking at booking a package holiday not a seat only.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.