Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Booked with first choice on line. stated in the paperwork, that we are resposible for obtaining our visas. nothing about the new system though!!! not much help eh!!! :que :( :que
Exactly as bobthebus says, not a word from First Choice about the new visa process, just that we are responsible for acquiring our own visa prior to travel. It seems to me that the tour operators are not as up to date as we are on here.
We booked last week for November but as soon as they know you've been before they don't seem to care. They have your money and now its your responsibility to get a visa.

I just wonder what my insurance company would say if I did'nt get the visa in time and cancelled the holiday. Do you think they would pay up - not a hope.

It does seem to be more difficult , especially for those going twice, luckily for us we go back in January for a month so I hav'nt got to worry about a full 6 month visa to get both holidays in.

I'm sure everyone will keep us up to date with the procedures. Neil seems to be leading the way :yikes :yikes
Same as bobthebus! FC mentioned it this time but it wasn't on the front page or even highlighted as important.

I did wonder when I booked last year with Thomas Cook and there was NO MENTION of visas whatsoever, how many people actually turned up in Goa without a visa and what would happen?? :yikes
even if they do know they have to get a visa, they will have no idea just how difficult it is. Even more so if they have to have basic computer skills to fill them up. I really think TOs should highlight this.
Ian
I did wonder when I booked last year with Thomas Cook and there was NO MENTION of visas whatsoever, how many people actually turned up in Goa without a visa and what would happen??

I don't think anyone would actually turn up in Goa without a visa as the airline would probably refuse them boarding as they didn't have the correct documentation.
Monarch have always checked our visas before issuing boarding passes, they put a 'documents OK' sticker on our passports.

We went to Goa twice last year, booked with Olympic and I emailed them to tell them their visa information on their website was out of date as it referred to postal applications.
It took them ages to change it.
I did wonder when I booked last year with Thomas Cook and there was NO MENTION of visas whatsoever, how many people actually turned up in Goa without a visa and what would happen??

You wouldn't get on the plane. This has happened before on flights from GWK that I have been on (twice).

In fact on one occassion 2 guys had forged their visas. Held boarding up as well.
Perhaps as part of the service the TOs should offer to fill out the forms for those people who are unable to do so on line! (yeah right can see that happening :rofl )
Perhaps as part of the service the TOs should offer to fill out the forms for those people who are unable to do so on line!

Have you been at the cooking sherry, Miccie? :cheers :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
I wouldn't want a TO to do it for me because they wouldn't accept any responsibility if they supplied a bit of information that later on turned out to be incorrect!! :que

I can't remember Monarch checking my visas but I guess they must have.

MMMmmm Sake......pass it over :cheers
MMMmmm Sake......pass it over

Sorry too late all gone :cry

The check in staff always look for the visa, and I think they check again as you go through on to the plane (although I could be wrong there!)
The check in staff always look for the visa, and I think they check again as you go through on to the plane (although I could be wrong there!)

Yes they do just at boarding. This is where I have witnessed travellers being disallowed on the flight. Even if you did board, you would be on the next flight back at Dabolim after being interrogated and no doubt paying for your flight back I would imagine.
I know this will make me sound like a wimp but I don't mind, I am reluctant to book my November 2008 holiday to Goa or Kerala until a few people have obtained their visas.

Last season's kerfuffle over visas was too stressful and I don't want that again.
I am reluctant to book my November 2008 holiday to Goa or Kerala until a few people have obtained their visas

I don't think you will have a problem, if it's November you have the time to apply early. If you are panicking, apply early.... August?
sydney
are you off somewhere this summer? If so- apply immediately afterwards.
Fiona,

I am not planning to go away before November.

I think I will apply for our visas in late August.

Sheila.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.