Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Anyone been to this hotel or resort as we are first timers and flying out of Gatwick on the 23rd Feb and are extremely excited but also apprehensive.. We have viewed various review sites but it would be nice to correspond with people who have been before...... Ideally we would like to know what the weather is going to be, as well as how much transfers are going to be to and from the airport. {Hurghada}.Any help would be a bonus. cheers
Latest prices for Hurghada to El gouna taxi is 100LE each way. You'll do well if you get cheaper, but don't pay any more than this.

Cheers

Willie G
Cheers Willie, thanks for the response, let you know the prices when we come back :)
Here is a link that someone posted on another topic... its good as you can check out temperatures from past years.

http://www.wunderground.com/
Alright Martin going to Three Corners end of Feb will give my view on our return.
I'm going to the Three Corners Ocean View on 2nd March and I will also do a review when we get back. Really looking forward to it, never been to Egypt before.
I have just found out from Thomas Cook that allthough the sunbeds etc are free on the hotels private beach, you cannot use the AI option to get food, drinks...you have to pay for these.
thanks for your replies. Looking forward to your reviews.
Hi all,
Never been AI before, so could someome answer this for me.
If you have a bottle of wine, or any drink with your meal, do you have to pay for it, or is it part of the AI?
With all AI deals that i've ever been on, or heard of, your drinks are included. You will find with most if not all of them that you can only get drinks by the glass, so "a bottle of wine" with dinner is not the norm. In a lot of all inclusive hotels though, premium brands of beer, spirits and bottles of wine are available at extra cost.
But you can have as many glasses of wine as you like...
Thanks Carrot & Alanwall.
Thought as much, but just wanted to make sure.
Only 2 days to go!
Three Corners Ocean view is simply fantastic, it is the most hospitable place i have ever stayed. The staff are simply the best and nothing is to much trouble whether your asking for more towels in your room or seeking advice from reception. Everyone speaks English and just a great bunch especially Mohammed in the animation team..
Please though if staying here dont mention the fact that while attempting to play darts on one particular afternoon i managed to land a dart in a young german's arm.. this was very funny for everyone watching except the young lad concerned.
This hotel is so good that even though we've only been home for 4 days we've arlready booked and are going back in 6 weeks.
Glad you had a such a good time (and hope the German boy is better!). Understand how you feel about the need to return - when my daughter and I got back from the Grand in Hughada last week we booked the next day to go back in April!

There are some really good deals available at the moment for 3 Corners Ocean View (for May with Direct Travel) and I tried to persuade my husband to go as he wants a holiday. Unfortunately having been really ill at Hilton Sharks Bay 2 years ago he won't touch foot on the shores of Egypt despite the fact I've been 4 times since to Hurghada without a single problem!
Just got back early hours Saturday morning from 1 weeks holiday at the Ocean View. I agree the hotel was nice and the staff were very freindly and accommodating. However, this was an AI holiday, so it was a shame that the food and drink was not so good, in fact it was quite awful.

Breakfast wasn't too bad, but lunch and dinner were a mishmash of choices that didn't sit together to make a meal and were poorly, and unappertisingly presented. Plus, if you went to eat even slightly after the start of each sitting, many of the choices of dishes had gone and what was left was lukewarm or cold and looked like pig swill. Every day the restaurant had a theam for dinner, i.e. Italian, Oriental, International etc..., but this made no difference. We are not fussy eaters, but did find this meant we ate a lot of the same choices (salad), and didn't have a proper meal during our entire stay. The beer, tea, and coffee were ok, but the soft drinks were warm and flat, and the wine was simply foul!

We wouldn't go back to this hotel because the food did let it down, also the resort of El Gouna did not have enough to see or do.
My parents stayed here in December and also said the food was awful. The breakfast was OK but lunch and dinner were almost the same every day, very bland. My nephew lived on soup and chips and he's not a fussy eater. Everything else was Ok I think but they had both lost weight by the time they came back which is unusual when you go away.
hi

does anyone know if there is a kettle or an iron in the rooms?

also does anyone know what equipment there is in the gym

thanks
No kettle or iron in the room.
As for the gym...well i was on holiday, so, sod going to the gym :wink:
Only two more sleeps ans heading back to TTOV, simply cannot wait.

Theres no kettle or iron in your rooms but if you ask nicely you may be able to get some items of clothing ironed by asking various members of staff as we did. Just offer something in return, wether money or cigs.
It worked for us and theres no harm in asking.

As for the gym, i know i was there a week but still do not know where it is.
The only exercise i did was swimming and raising either arm to intake in some form of liquid refreshment.

This hotel and its surroundings are superb, great views, fun people and more importantly nothing is to much trouble.

Have a great time, but stop telling everyone how good it is as there willbe no spaces left by the pool.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.