Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Having stayed at the Ocean view & also visiting the Rhiana, I would say that there is more chance of your children finding friends at the Rhiana. There seemed to be a lot more kids around & more activities geared around families than at the Ocean View. In fact, there were no children at all staying at the ocean view when we were there. When you say teenagers, how old are they? The "beach area" is right in front of the Rhianna were as it's a short bus ride or walk from the ocean view.Both are lovely hotels btw.
Thanks for the reply judith . They would be 19, 17 and 13.

Location wise there doesnt seem a lot in it then ??
Rhiana is nearer to the downtown area, easily within walking distance 15-20mins. The Ocean view is about 30-40 mins walk to town as it's by the marina. You can get about a lot quicker & easier by water taxi or bus (it was £1.50 for a weeks unlimited use of either last year) or of course you could use the tok toks. By the marina there are some shops & restaurants but downtown is a bit busier. I think with the ages of your children, either hotel would suit them but I guess it comes down to location & what type of things you like. It took us about 1 hour from the airport to Ocean View but that included drop offs. If you can add transfers, I would recommend that you do so. Have you checked out elgouna.com & tripadvisor's elgouna forum?
Thanks Judith . I think the Rihana may be better for our family .Plus of course it's a better price . Ive had a quick look at TA tonight but always like to get opinions here first :) . Didnt know about elgouna.com so will check that out too.

thanks
lyn
main pool at the Rihana was the warmest in El gouna last year - some of them not heated and it's still chilly water-wise at Easter!
Thank you Tah . That is definately a consideration for us
Did you decide what to do Lyn, or are you still thinking on it. El Gouna does sound very nice, bit more laid back than Sharm.
I have booked flights chris but the rest of the family were keen to go back to sharm so for this time around I wont get my chance to go to el gouna .

But at least I have done my research and when I get around to making another booking I know I will be happy with either of these 2 hotels.

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.