Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Water treatment plant can be a little noisy at nght, and depending on time of year, can harbour mossies!! Keep covered with repellant if you have a back room.

We wandered out a few times, but not much to walk to.

If you turn right out of the hotel and follow down for 5 mins, there is a large road to the left. There are a few small shops along there.

If you follow round the back of the hotel - it is private residences only varying from lovely apartments to "workers" flats.

Other than that, we didnt find much to walk to, but with a 4 yr old in tow an hours walk was adequate especially with every taxi honking us at every opportunity!!

Hotel itself is great though. My kids loved the pool, the beach, the diving etc.
Thanks for that, i take it that the water plant wasn't too smelly! That's really the only thing that is making me very wary of booking.
When we stayed we had a room by the main restaurant, we never heard or smelt anything. I would imagine it depends where you get a room - ask for a room by big pool and restaurant and you should be okay. As for walking about, there is really nothing there. Hotel bus to two different beaches every day. Evening the same bus take a few return trips to Naama Bay which is where everything is going on. Not much in a taxi but not walking distance. Still we loved the hotel

Dawntra
Im off to ST george on 1st december, Im a travel agent and have plenty of customes who love this hotel. I have never hear the treatment plant mentioned!

I have only heard positive things about the hotel and resort hence I booked it myself!

Hope this helps
Martin
Thanks for the replies!!! Looks like it might still be in the running then. Quite fancy sol y mar mirabel park too. God knows what i'll decice as the hubby's as much help as a chocolate fireguard! His answer is always "whatever". Drives me insane! So if any one has also been to sol y mar mirabel park any info would grately be received! Thanks Karen :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.