Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
tod
25 Posts
If the airline has clearly specified it as a 'Ticket on departure' or 'TOD' charge, then I would say that you should be entitled to a refund. However it may be worth checking their booking conditions just to see exactly what is specified about the charge. It may also include other ticket issue costs and postal charges.

If you hadn't received the tickets by post, presumably the e-mail confirmation or booking print out which you would produce at the airport should be sufficient evidence to indicate that a TOD had been confirmed and charged.

David :wave
Its a charter through h4u with onur air.
Leaves on friday so will query it further when I get back. :D
We are travelling on 14/12/2006 with Mytravel, who have sent two sets of tickets to our travel agent, neither of which have arrived. We have now been told that if they dont arrive by Saturday we will have to have tickets on departure, is this as straighforward as they make it sound or is there something we should be aware of

thanks for any help
No really quite easy, go to the desk and pick them up!!
it says to allow extra time to pick your tickets up but it usually only takes a couple of minutes
Allow around half an hour just in case. Our tickets were not there last year and had to be handwritten.
When we went to pick our tickets up at Newcastle airport in October,there was a sign on the desk saying it wouldnt open until 2 hours before the flight departure time.We would have to wait 2 hours so I asked the rep (Thomson) on the next desk and she said she was manning the desk and she would NOT open it until the said time as she was not paid to do so.We went to get a cup of coffee and my husband noticed our check in desk was open.After we drank our coffee he went back and asked her politely to get our tickets as I couldnt sit on the hard metal seats for 2 hours.She eventually gave us the tickets which took her all of 2 minutes!.I have complained about her as they tell you to arrive early which is a waste of time if they refuse you tickets until 2 hours before departure.
Just make sure that you are not charged for this outrageous practice of penalising you for T.O.D. It's a pet hate of mine and I challenge it anytime it crops up.
Hi
Just to re-iterate alot of the advice already given - based on experience - i would say allow at least half an hour to collect your tickets, but it is worth a phone call to the airport asking to be put thru to the Mytravel desk and find out what time it will be manned from. (we always do this for early early flights!!)
As someone else has said because you have not booked for TOD make sure they dont try and charge you for it and also as much as it might be a pain i would take EVERY piece of correspondence you have relating to your booking......just in case the tickets arent there at least you have all the info to hand and they dont need to look for it....

We've done TOD many times and its rarely taken more than a few minutes to sort out. Happy Holidays!
Due to unforseen circumstances, I now have to pick up our tickets from Manchester airport when we fly out to Bulgaria on Thursday morning (4.00am)...... I have a reference number, etc.... but have always had tickets before I travelled, so am a little worried :oops: ....... my hubbys told me that it will be fine and that they will be there.... has anyone ever had a problem picking tickets up from the airport before? Thanks...... :)
Can't actually remember the last time we had tickets for a flight, everything seems to be e tickets now. But on one occassion when we did book a ticket flight we picked them up at the airport as we only booked a couple of days before we went so would not have time to receive them in the post. Collected tickets to find they had mis printed my daughters, they just printed another one there and then with the correct details. Get there a bit earlier just in case there are any problems but it should be fine.
hi.cromwell....we have picked up tickets at the airports many times due to our habbit of booking late deals............and as manchester is one the main airports we used we pick them up from there many times...with never a problem...............you will be fine honest.......... :D :)
Hi Cromwell :wave The last few times we've went away we dont even get tickets at the airport, just a reference number from Easyjet and Jet2, there has never been a problem. Its a pshycological thing that you feel safer becuase you have a ticket in your hand but there is nothing to worry about whatsoever!

Have a lovely holiday 8)
Moved to flights only.

Mark :D
This happens all the time,so dont worry about it.
:) Thankk you all for your replies.... I feel a little easier now.... Tootsie, ive also been told not to expect tickets, as such.... just a piece of paper like you mentioned. Im sure we shall all have a great time....... and at least the sun should be shining, not like over here! :lol: :wink:
Just make sure you are aware "where" to collect your tickets from. Is it from a tour operators desk (if so where is it), from a tour operators rep at the check-in area (is so when are they there from), from the airline ticket desk etc. Airports are big places and you may well have a problem if all you have in your hand is a scrap of paper with a reference number written on it.

I also suggest you take your holiday confirmation details with you.
has anyone ever had tickets on departure.
me and my family are travelling to jamaica with thomsons and have been told we have to pick our tickets up on departure, not right happy about it as i have never done it before.

we have been told not to worry and they will be there waiting for us but i cant help but worry a little.

any information would be appreciated

:really
I've been told exactly the same thing by Thomas Cook this morning, despite booking the holiday in January. Our tickets were issued at the end of April and have just failed to arrive. A little concerned over picking them up as it will be at 5:30 and we have a 2 year old.

They said it was standard practice, nothing they could do so tought.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.