Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Pam .

We tend to tip a couple of pound every other day to those staff that look after us well . The maid we tend to leave until the end and i usually leave about £10

Might sound a bit tight but £2 in turkish wages is a fair bit ;)

lyn
we normally wait till end of holiday and leave cleaner all our loose coinage and odd notes
and tip bar staff or who ever has been good with service and looked after you during holiday
At the Larespark, we tipped the waiters at the Budha bar and the Olivia bar (on 7th floor) a couple of times, as these waiters were really good. Tipped the maid a couple of times - my son tipped her more often, as you can imagine, their room - with 3 kids in it was a little 'untidy' and she made a good job of cleaning and tidying everyday. She was really nice and loved our little grandaughter Ella, and rearranged her cuddly toys on her bed everyday. Also tipped the bell boys for bringing up our cases and also the waiters in the al-a-carte restaurants. No one expected any tips though and ours were gratefully recieved.

Denny
We tip waiters on a daily basis,just small amounts but you can be sure they are very attentive when they realise you are going to tip them. Maids we tip at the beginning of the holiday and again as we leave as they have usually done an outstanding job. As Lyn says a couple of quid is quite a nice tip for them. I usually change £50 before we go for tips, this lasts a fortnight for bellboy when we arrive,waiters, maids etc. I think it's worth it for the service we receive.Anything left over we put in the tips box in the restaurant. Happy holidays! :)
just rememberd, my daughter and her friend [17 say no more] left their room in a right state, I was horrified when I saw all the clothes on the floor etc. The maids did an o.k job of sorting it out until I suggested they left a tip midway through the holiday,as if by magic they had the cleanest tidiest room imaginable with the most elaborate bed decorations and flowers so yes tipping is a good idea!
All inclusive hotels have tip boxes all over the place and they know who puts into them and when ,you think they do not notice but they do ,all the tips are shared out at the end of the season and if you give a tip to individual staff they are required to deposit them into the boxes ,if not they are subject to dismissal .A good friend of mine who is the bell captain at the sun zeynep has 2 kids who i usually give some cash to as a present ,i have to give it to him in an envelope with his kids names on it in front of some other member of staff to prove it is not a tip .

Bluepeterno1
We tipped the waiters and restaurant staff who looked after us as we went along - some remebered you some didn't!!!

Left the maid the tip at the end of the week

Stayed at the Limak Lara first week June
Same as Lyn really tipped the equivalent of a couple of pounds every two days to staff who looked after us at the Belcekic Beach and will so the same at Lykia. Also put loose change into the tip boxes that are round and about the place in most AI's. I agree with bluepeter they know who is putting in and who isn't. Tipped the maids at the end of the fortnight, equivalent of about 10 pounds per room.
I put into the boxes all the time and tip the maids and the porters both at the start and the end of my holiday ,its amazing how much extra attention you get when you tip at the start .
O ff to a new hotel in belek tomorrow ,the club voyage ,looking forward to it .

Bluepeterno1 :wave: :sun2
Thanks for all the replies everyone. What currency do they prefer or does it not matter?

Thanks again
Pam :cheers
I also tip the coach driver, there is always a little basket at the front of the coach. Surprisingly not many do tip him. He has to lift the cases on and off which in that heat must be terrible and they do not get the best wages.

BarbH
I think they would tak anything! They can always change English money, We have often been asked to change pound coins etc., into lira.

Barb
Hope you enjoy the new hotel Peter. We are off to Kalkan tomorrow morning.

Barb
Thanks Barb not heard of anyone on this site having been to it ,got some reviews from other less well known sites mostly from german and russian people ,so dont know what to expect really, only time will tell ,will post review when i return. :wave: :fly
Bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.