Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
hi Pegatha
I'm sure you will have a great time in Bangkok! It is a fantastic city. Have a look at the official Bangkok site for info on things to do. When you see something that takes your fancy just ask away here! The Grand Palace is a must. Go there as early as you can as it gets very busy and VERY hot!
Best tip I can give- use the sky train to get around, taxis can take forever in the jam packed roads. Which hotel are you staying in?
Some threads you might find useful here, here,here and the last part of my report!
Hi Fiona, thank you for the tips. Do you know if numbers in Thai are written the same as in English? so if I write ''300'' on a piece of paper, will the Thais know what I mean?
unfortunately they are not the same. Check here for numbers up to a million! However, best thing to do is ask at your hotel, they will write down what you want.
Thank you, that's really helpful!

I have printed out a load of vocab to take with me. If my Thai accent fails, I can always point them to the phrase in Thai!

Lame huh.
:roll:

Cheers
Dont worry about the Thai numbers - it's very rare that you'll see them used. Mainly in places such as national parks & tourist attractions that charge one price for Thais and another for tourists - but dont want the tourists to know that.

You'll see roman numerals everywhere, most Thais are far more used to using them than Thai numbers. But Thai numbers are used on most official documents etc
thanks for that info macfarang
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.