Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thanks nicolaw, the other family you mentioned that were going on the 21st july, do they have kids.
So far nothing but good reports, waterpark slides not to big 8) great for the kids.
:idea: Could do with some pictures of inside the hotel itself.
Hi Jennybrum,

yes the other family have kids a 5 year old girl and a 8 year old boy.

I have a couple of pictures of the inside of the hotel. PM me with your email address and I shall send them to you.

Can't wait to go. We were going to go Easter but flights were very expensive so we decided on tenerife now and Hurghada in July.

Nicky
hi all
we have just come back from hurgada stayed in the titanic resort had a great time there went quad biking but booked a private trip as if you dont you will have to go with about 20 or more so pepople not much fun then so go private trip good fun took my 5 year old grandsun he loved it the water park was great but the water very cold in the pools but if you can put up with it you will have good time people very freindly in hurgada we had a good time shopping too guys from one shop took us out for the eveing and didnot ask for any money at all very nice people would go back any time and live ther no problum weather hot but a bit windy some days but cools you down the hotel was nice to rooms ok too so any body who wants to stay there stay and enjoy but if you are going to book any seanot to good after trips double check the times as they tell you one thing then when you turn up your too late as my wife did then she had to go on a nother trip which she was not to good after but had a refund so she was happy but the kids enjoyed every day plenty of enteranment in the eveing for them

:lol: steven338uk
:thanks nicolaw for the pictures of inside the Titanic, looks :wow . Another good review, pools a bit cold :yikes it's only April will warm up in July when the :sun out, and temp. about 40-50. :omg
Thanks for the review Steven.
Sounds like you had a good trip. Its a shame about the pools being cold, just hope they warm up by July. Silly really having a waterpark with freezing cold water. Titanics website states 9 heated pools.

You say your Grandson enjoyed the entertainment. What was it like. my daughter is 5 and loves going to the kids club and mini disco at night.

Thanks
We were at the waterpark last Thursday. Didn't find the pools too cold, but the pathways (especially the red ones!) were very hot underfoot around midday when sun was strongest - and much of the paving is in fact marble which gets quite slippery in places. Would recommend some form of aquashoes or at least flip flops for walking around in.

Be prepared for some battles with the Russians who seem to think that once they have hold of a ring for the rides that it is ther private property. In other water parks we have visited (spain, Portugal, Florida etc) the ends of the rides are monitored and lifeguards ensure that riders on completing their ride, hand back their ring/raft or whatever to people waiting for them. This doesn't happen at Titanic and you find plenty of folk who land in the spalsh pool then refuse to hand over the ring and just head straight back up the steps with it - or worse - take it to their sunbed until they feel like riding again.

Enjoyed the aquapark, but felt this aspect could and should have been managed better!!
Hi, I'm looking to go in October with a 12, 9 and 3 year old. is there any other entertainment apart from the waterpark?/

And how far is it from the beach?

Also I'm booking over internet which I haven't done before and I have to book 2 rooms to fit us all in. Do they give you interconnecting or two rooms together?

Please help

Rachel
Hi

Check out the comments on tripadvisor as people who have already been are giving lots of useful advice and information. Sounds like there are quite a few activities going on in the day and the kids club for the kids.
Can't you all fit into a family room? I thought these slept up to 5. As far as I can tell these are two rooms connected by a corridor with the bathroom in it. the kids bedroom has its own TV so your sort of separate from the kids. I could be wrong, but this is the impression I got from other peoples comments.
We are mainly going for the waterpark and great weather.

We book all our holidays over the internet now as they generally work out much cheaper and have never had a problem.
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is going to the Titanic Resort and Aquapark around July 14th. We are going for 2 weeks and are a bit concerned over the new disco they have built.

Has anyone been recently and how did they cope with the disco?

We were really looking forward to this holiday but don't want it ruined by lack of sleep. We have 2 young children otherwise we would have just gone to the disco ourselves.

I am hoping though, they will get so many complaints that they will have to reduce the noise by the time we get there.

Thanks
Yes I have been keeping an eye on tripadvisor. Had only one comment about the disco when I first sent out this question, but just reading the latest one, is enough to put anyone off.
Surely though if enough people complain they will have to do something about the noise - well we can only hope or move.
I have read on other holiday related sites that the hotel is fabulous by several guests, no mention of a disco in their report.
The disco opened at the end of May. I booked the hotel at the start of the year when all reviews were positive and when no one knew about the disco. We just don't know what to do anymore as we have booked flights and hotel separate and therefore won't be able to cancel.

Guess we will just have to get some ear plugs and hope for the best.
Hi everyone,

Just wondering who you booked this hotel through? Did you book direct or via a Travel Agent and if you don't mind my being nosy, how much did you pay for flights/accommodation. I am thinking of booking for October half term in tandem with a few days in Cairo and/or Luxor.

Thanks everyone.

ps Nickolaw I am sure our 'paths' have crossed before! Have you been to the Grand Azure in Sharm in the last year or two or maybe it was the Turkey forum?
Hi Ermintrude,

I booked flights and hotel seperately. Flights with xl.com and hotel with quickrooms.com.

I shall PM you as I was at Grand Azure in 2005.
Same here.

20th April 7 Nights

Flights -Thomas Cook for 3 People £460
Hotel- Lastminute or Medhotels £280 All inclusive

Total cost for the 3 of us £740

Forget Travel Agent DIY everytime massive savings .
Hi

We are hoping to go to Egypt for the third time.

Can anyone give me any information regarding Titanic hotel in Hurghada, it is an all inclusive hotel and we hoped to go there for the water park for my child.

The problem being my husband is a diabetic and if the food is poor we need restaurants close by for a back up to the food.

There is no information posted on this site and on others the reviews on the food is a bit hit and miss. Please help?
hiya
Just back from sharm.
Looking at taking our boys to the titanic. Are the pools very deep at the bottom of the slides? also can you wear T shirts in the pool? if so do they have to be white. :oops: sounds silly I know.

Can you walk to the beach?

Any information would be great

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.