Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Amy, I always go in Sept( waiting for the kids to go back to school). To date we have not been disappointed. Weather during the day is in the 70's, very sunny, but you will get the occasional thunderstorm ( one day each the past 2 years). The evenings are a lot cooler and generally a light cardi/long sleeved garment suffices.
The resort itself usually closes by about mid October, so , any time in Sept you should be fine. As stated it will be a bit quieter as a lot of the kids have gone, but still quite busy with adults. all the bars etc are usually open and fighting for your custom.
We are going back 1st Sept for 2 weeks and will be after the tan too.

8) The Toonman
Nice one toonman, thanks a lot for the speedy reply!

Sounds perfect...cheaper when the kids are back in school, that gives me a couple of weeks to play with before I'm due back in uni. Whats the resort itself like? There's looking to be four of us going, all in our early twenties, and while we're not after 18-30s style stuff at all, we do want a fair bit of nightlife :lol: as well as some nice restaurants and bars. Any reccomendations?

The thunderstorms were concerning me a bit, but one or two days during the holiday will be fine, it'll give me an excuse to stay in bed a few hours longer :lol: Dunno why I'm so bothered about the tan though, I'm sure it drains straight off me as soon as I touch back down in Manchester :cry:
Hi amy, Don't know about having extra time in bed. Last year we were sat enjoying the 2 for 1 drinks in a bar when the rain just appeared from nowhere. Within a couple of hours the street was flooded and we eventually had to wade back to the hotel(about 2am). By 10am next day everything was back to normal.
you will find quite a few clubs(poledancing included). Lazur, Orange,Iceberg as well as the one outside the Hotel Kuban (big Alien beast hanging from the wall, sorry name escapes me).
as for food you will find Local,English, Chinese,Indian and Mexican along with numerous kebab shops and the old Macdonalds( probably the dearest meal in SB ). Best food we had was in Djannys( market area) and Malina's , just off main street. Just try different places and settle on your own fav's.

8) Toonman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.