Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Thankfully no - have never got myself into that situation nor do I ever want to. :que
You could have had a spiked drink like djwoody stated but if you google red bull allergy there are some horrendous stories from people after drinking red bull.

Angie.
well i supped 10 pints of vodka red bull at the pink panther and apart from raging thirst the next morning ...i didn't turn into the hooded claw
Well bigboykarl I would say your lucky to be alive after reading some of the articles I have come across.

Angie.
bigboykarl wrote:
well i supped 10 pints of vodka red bull at the pink panther and apart from raging thirst the next morning ...i didn't turn into the hooded claw

Is that possible??? :que
of course,i mean in a pint of vrb you probably only get 150ml of vodka rest is ice and redbull...lots of people have different allergys,how many people have died of peanut allergy for instance.
bigboykarl wrote:
...lots of people have different allergys,how many people have died of peanut allergy for instance.

Very probably - not sure this topic is about allergies though is it?? Seems to be about drinking too much of Vodka and Redbull :rofl
You are taking 2 drugs that have competing effects. Alcohol wants to slow the body down and caffeine wants to speed it up. I suppose 1 VRb won't do much but 10 pints! Is that 1 can of RB in a pint? each can is supposed to be the caffeine equivalent of 2.5 cups of coffee so you have taken in the caffeine from 25 cups of coffee! If the earlier poster is correct and each pint (560ml) contains 150ml of vodka then 10 pints = 1500 ml or 1.5 litres (2 normal bottles) of vodka. So 25 cups of coffee and 2 botlles of vodka and you are surprised you were ill!

Perhaps it was the ice? Or a dirty glass LOL
Perhaps it was the ice? Or a dirty glass LOL

ice is fine dirty glass my be.could of been a bug you picked up from dirty toilets.or someone not washing there hands.lots of things could have upset you.

not enough water in day
on tablets
bad food
not enough food eaten

or too much drink.hope you got over it to enjoy rest of your hols.nothing worse than begin ill.i was ill on my last two days 3 years ago.bad reaction to tablets for throat.luckly i ok to travel home.
Sheer dehydration from boozing and then vomitting I suspect. When severely dehydrated the lack of particular salts in the blood can cause the reaction you had to hands (sometimes feet aswell)
Hi De Hi hit it on the head.

Vodka Red Bull is banned in many placed because of the effect execssive consumption can have.

Vodka is a relaxant and red bull a stimulant, both combined can play havock on the muscles, therefore the clawed hands.

Helen
In my experience, people who boast about anything, especially something like alcohol consumption, have low self esteem. Sadly, the boasting does nothing to enhance the opinion others hold of them.

Burns had it summed up nicely:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us, tae see oursels as others see us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.