Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Don't want to panic you but I'd look on trip adviser forum as this hotel it not even open yet and doesn't look like it will be in the near future, its still a building site.

Its situated accross main road from LTI Grand azure and most guests are getting transfered there and we had horrid time there last year.

You really don't want your honeymoon spoiling!!

Jo
Hi Vikki,

We go to the Tropicana Grand Azur next week, I would be happy to let you know all about it when we get back. Is there anything in particular you would like me to look out for?

This is our 3rd year in a row in Egypt, as far as tipping goes we have never felt obligated to by any of the staff we have met, but it is normally very appreciated when you do. As for amounts we normally tip 10-20 Egyptian Pounds (£1-2 GBP) at a time. Pay over there is very low and the staff work very long hours, many days in a row but the vast majority are very friendly and helpful.
If you are supposed to be staying at the new Tropicana Grand Azure it is not open you will end up gettin put in LTI Grand Azure, I would get in touch with your travel agent. Have a look on Trip advisor forum about this hotel, there is loads of people complaining.

Jo
Hi Jo,

The LTI Grand Azur is now marketed by Tropicana hotels in the UK. They've changed the names in the 2009 brochures and on tripadvisor. Its the Tropicana Club Azur that is still being built.

Many thanks

Matt
Sorry, I didn't read it properly :rofl That el teach me

Jo
Thank you all for your replies. was a little worried at the start when some of you mentioned that i wasnt built. We were ment to be going to egypt last year for a family holiday but that fell thru due to hotel not been compleate.

We were going to book the club azure but i was worried as most of the pics looked like artist impression ones. SO phew.

MPH74 - if you could tell us what you thought when you get back that would be great. Nothing in perticuar just what you thought.

Thanks again

Vikki
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.