Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi rachtate and welcome to HT!

You can read our most recent reviews of this hotel HERE

I have stayed at this hotel twice and will be returning again in January. My husband was affected by the "virus" on our first visit, but it only lasted 12 hours or less. I asked the Thomson's rep about it and was told that it was an airborne virus which was affecting the whole area of Malaga although we didn't speak to anyone at other hotels to confirm this.

Our most recent visit was in January this year when we went with my elderly mother-in-law and none of us were affected and I didn't hear of any cases. However I have seen it reported by members in recent reviews.

luci :wave
i have read some bad stuff on it not booke dbut came up £149 AI

is it good
i read about bad food
Hi :wave

Could you be a little more specific with the resort and hotel name please?

Pippy :D
I think this may be the Torremolinos Beach Club so I have merged it with that topic.

We have stayed at the Beach Club twice off season and will be returning in January as we don't have a problem with it. It gets a lot of repeat visitors.

However it sounds like a completely different place in high season when you read the reviews and I really don't think it would suit us then.

Hello :)

Thinking of going and trying the Costa Del Sol Torremolinos for out next summer holidays. Have been looking to stay All inclusive at Beach Club Hotel but having read mixed reviws on this hotel im not to sure :?

If you have stayed here please let me know if you would reccormend it, or even if you have any other good reccormedations youd like to menton that would be really helpful. It dosent have to be All inclusive or though its prefered.

Thankyou very much.

Danny :)
Stopped there in2002. We found it to be O.K. Staff were helpful, food when we went was great. Great drinks choice and good measures. Evening entertainment was a little better than the norm. If you like the sun the make sure you get a room overlooking the pool. That side has a better view and the sun is there most of the day. Other hotels I would rate are Aquamarinea Golf in Tenerife 4* first class hotel, Titanic 5* in Lara Beach Turkey also first class. Any other info req'd get back to me.
Merged with an existing topic.

We have stayed at the Beach Club in January for the past 3 years and would recommend it.

The food is reasonable, a lot of things not to my taste, but I still had a 5 course meal every night - soup, salad, main course, dessert and cheese and biscuits. There is a weekly gala dinner with paella and steaks.

They are generous with the drinks, all local spirits and the entertainment was some of the best we've seen. There is also bingo every night and the money's good. The daytime activities are well supported - Frnch boules, archery, pistol shooting, rifle shooting, killer darts, killer pool, quizzes.

The hairdressers outside the front door has internet access with 4 pc's at 50c for 15 mins.

They accommodated our request for a high floor overlooking the pool which has sun all day.

We have never been in summer, but I imagine it would be very busy with families.

It is about a 20-30 mins walk from the centre of Torremolinos, but there is a bus stop at the front door and the fare was €1.05.

Off to post this as a review as I forgot to do it when we got back. :oops:

luci thankyou for the reply it was very helpfull :)
We booked a package with Thomson the first time we went, but booked direct with the hotel the other two times. The email address is miguelbeachclub@terra.es

Is bottled water part of the AI?

Thanks,
Yes, if I remember correctly, but they pour it into a glass rather than give you a bottle. You can also ask for a glass of milk to take up to the room to make a cuppa.

We have visited this hotel before can't remember if there is a kettle in the room or not. Can someone please tell me if you can get hot drinks in the evening, coffee etc.

Thanks
No kettle in the room, but tea and coffee is freely available from the bar at all times. If you take a travel kettle you can even get a glass of milk from the bar to make your tea.

Has anyone got the email address for the Beach Cub?

Thanks,

Degs.
The email address is miguelbeachclub@terra.es I used this to book direct with the hotel in January.

Thanks for that luci, we are going to stay there for a week on 11th December, really looking forward to the break.
We stayed the week before Xmas 2 years ago and the hotel was really busy and all the daytime activities were very well supported. There are quite a few people who stay at the hotel for between 1 and 3 months over the winter.

I would recommend asking for a pool view so that you can get sun on your balcony in the afternoon. The rooms at the back were facing a hotel which was being gutted the last two times we were there.

Do they have many excursions on in the winter months, can you still go to Puerto Banous. Can you recommend any tours to go on or places to visit.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.