Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
As for that report, we have stayed at that hotel 3 times and never seen a cockroach. The cleaners are always cleaning and it's the only hotel where I've seen them hand out antibacterial wipes to everyone entering the dining room which some ignorant people refused to use.

Yes it has been plagued by a "bug" which the reps say is airborne and affects the Malaga area. Hubby had it for 12 hours the first time we went, just a bit of diarrhoea, but it didn't stop us going back and I would stay there again.

However I do feel sorry for anyone who really has been ill.

luci :wave
I have been to the Beach Club twice in 4 years and i highly rate this hotel so much so we took and so did my mate our 9 mont old babies this time and everyone was fine and no signs of the illness! The 1st time i went was the 1st time the Beach Club re-opened after the so called illness which i personally doubt very much, probably to much food and drink is mainly to blame and this article i found probably sums it up ! The so called Norovirus stomach bug which is where the so called problems lie originated from the UK so was probably taken to Spain from good old blighty
Have a read see what you think ;
  • Edited by David 2008-09-01 12:39:52
    Post edited for copyright reasons. Please feel free to post a direct link to the relevant webpage instead.
hi all ; its that time of year again and we are planning next mays holiday - really do fancy this hotel - bit concerned about "the bug" - can anyone advise us what its like out and about as we have only been to majorca previously
There's not a lot of bars, etc near the hotel, but the bus into Torremolinos stops outside the hotel or it is a 30 mins approx walk. The beach is directly over the road.

You may find some additional information in our reviews.

hi, ive just booked this hotel for myself, hubby an my 5 children aged 15, 13, 11, 4an 23 months also my friend and her two children aged 6 and 5 to go for 2 weeks on the 2nd july 2009, could anyone tell me if the pools are warm at this time of year and also are inflatables allowed? how easy is it to get a sunbed, dont want one for the children cos they will be in the pool. also is there night time entertainment and is it inside or out? thomson have said there is no kids club next year, does anyone know if the hotel run their own? is there mozzies in torremolinos? thank for any help given :)
We have only been in December and January. There were plenty daytime activities such as rifle shooting, archery, etc. In the evening there was usually some sort of act on until 9pm then it was bingo until 10 followed by more entertainement. There is a stage outside so I would guess it's outside in the summer.

Check the reviews for more information.

has anyone been to this hotel in the past couple of months
we have read all the reports and can't understand why if it is that bad with the bug and all that why thompsons are still sending people there it cant possibly be that bad
is it not possible that it could just be too much oily food too much drink and too much sun or am i just an optimist
i have been to spain many times and had 'bugs' on a few occasions and could have moaned about being ill but i put it down too change in diet and drinking 3 months worth of beer in a week !!!!!!!!
:sun2
:wlink :wlink :wlink :wlink
I totally agree with you, ive booked to go with my family and some friends next july for two weeks, ive read some good reports on the thomsons website, i just googled torremolinos beach club and it came up with thomsons reviews.
we have booked to go there for two weeks during half term next may we were considering going to majorca to hotel belvedere in san agustin but after reading all the reviews we thought it would be too quiet and having been to torremolinos a couple of times on the train from fuengirola and it seem very nice then although it was a few years ago but hey it was either torremolinos or benidorm but in benidorm the only hotels we could find free child places were one way out of town or one right on top of all the night clubs so no sleep there
but this hotel is close enough to town if you want it but far enough away so its not in your face all the time i think
AM I RIGHT OR AM I WRONG
BUG WHAT BUG
:sun2 :D :glynis
:gluck
Hi All
Thinking of going here the first week in March, whats this bug thing all about ?

Cheers

Robert
Read earlier posts in this topic and the hotel reviews.

hello you guys
has anybody been to the beach club during the winter i read with interest some people saying that the bug is there and then others saying it is not there so whats the story
also have heard about some work being done on the promenade is it near toi the beach club or down the other end towards the town centre
and lastly i see from google earth that the hotel is quite close to the airport is there any noise from there and does it intrude on sleeping
we are going there towards the end of may for two weeks any advice tips or recommendations gratefully received
2 adults and one 7 year old are going
cheers if you reply
why not if you don't
:haha :hols :wlink
We have stayed there once in December and twice in January. Hubby had an upset stomach for about 8-12 hours the first time we went, but it wasn't anything major. We did also hear of others with it at that time, however we didn't hear of any illness the other two times.

The hotel isn't near the airport, it's about 15 mins away in a taxi and we didn't hear any aircraft noise.

Hello there,

I have been very interested in going to the Beach Club since back in 2007, and have always wanted to try it since then, as its seems just the kind of hotel I would really like, which is family orientated, has a lively atmosphere, and also love the position of it too.

I have read all the reviews about the place and apart from the 'bug' everything seems great!!!

Just some questions if somebody will be so kind to help me. :)

Dose the hotel have its own website? I've tried to have a look at the place but all that I can seem to find is reviews and the holiday agents booking sites.

Also do they have a good reputable entertainment team? I'd love to know about the entertainment for the adult shows in the evening.

Thanks Very Much.

Danny
I actually asked Thomson yesterday for an update on the problem. Yes the bug does seem to still be around and they said they thought it was airborn. My view is that it is more probably that someone employed by the hotel is a carrier. Only logical explanation.

We would have gone there again but whilst we did not have a problem with it are not prepared to take a chance.

OK we are retired so our likes are not the same as those who are younger, however we found the hotel suited us. Food was great although tended to cater for the British palate. Well that might be because only Brits go there. Staff were great and the place was clean. Entertainment was a mix of Bingo - Line and sequence dancing, Quizes, and entertainers who probably work that clubs in the UK for part of the year.

We have booked the Las Arenas Hotel instead and go on the 22nd.

fwh
its very quiet on this forum, has anyone recently returned? it would be lovely to here from you :)
we are going 4 weeks today :cheers
hi there we just got back this week we were there for 2 weeks and had a fantastic holiday we did get a bit of a wobbly tum for 24 hours but hey what do you expect its hotter than we are used to you tend to eat too much and definitely drink more so its likely to give it to yu
however that said its was a really clean hotel the food was for the most part very good only one night i coulndt find anything i fancied but then there is always the pizza and salad to fall back on so go have a good time and enjoy ( ps if its windy get you sunbeds right in the farcorner at the back of the pool it is well sheltered and you are away from the bar traffic ) if you need to know anything else feel free to message me and i will fire over my email
if not have a good one ( say hi to sarah from my son daniel from last week in may ) cheers
:sun2 :tup :bow
hi we are going in 2 weeks do they have video games ie cars to keep my son happy :( and also what is the sun bed situation like do you have to be up at the crack of dawn to get one :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.