Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Steven.
I have never driven in Spain before and the prospect frightens me and I would be worried that I would bump or take a wrong turn

Me too, I haven't got the guts to do it, but looking at a google map, getting to Teba seems quite straight forward on the A-357 by car.
http://tinyurl.com/66g6hc7
Getting to Teba by bus is the other best option......and as far as I know the only bus company that goes to Teba is the bus company Automoviles Casado, but unfortunately they don't appear to have a website.

AFAIK, there's no tours to Teba, the nearest excursion would be Ronda, but that's not exactly ‘near', so after a bit of investigación.
If time is of no importance to you and you like an adventure, you could go to Malaga bus station and I've read Automoviles Casado pay point for bus tickets is number 21, and from here you get the bus to Antequera, which is another place full of history, and from there you catch the bus to Teba.
http://www.turismoderonda.es/informacion/pdf/horarioautobuses.pdf

The buses to Antequera from Malaga are frequent"¦..
http://www.antequeraspain.com/citybustimetables.htm

I did read somewhere that Automoviles Casado run a direct bus from Malaga bus station to Teba, just one direct bus in the morning, but I can't find it now....sometimes I get snowed under with windows open and shut the wrong one down. :duh

You could always give Automoviles Casado a ring for confirmation about the buses when you get to Torremolinos...the phone number is on the link I've posted.

HTH's
Sanji
Yep, booking office for Automoviles Casado in Malaga bus station is number 21 and the bus leaves from platform 33.
http://www.estabus.emtsam.es/
According to the Malaga bus station website, the one direct bus goes from Malaga to Teba at 12-30pm and the length of the journey is 1 hour-45 mins, but it says "Actualizandose pinche en empresa", which means click on company for updates, well that would be helpful if they had somewhere to click and a website to click on. :roll:

Salidas desde MALAGA hacia TEBA

12:30 01:45 ACTUALIZANDOSE PINCHE EN EMPRESA 33 AUTOMOVILES CASADO, S.A.

Personally, I would drop Malaga bus station an e-mail because there's much conflicting and out of date info on the tinternet, and now there might indeed be more than one direct bus.....this is the e-mail for the up to date bus timetable and prices.
estabus@emtsam.es
But one thing I have learnt from this exercise, Malaga to Teba via Antequera can be done by bus.
The bus will go straight up to Antequera from Malaga and then you go across to Teba.

http://tinyurl.com/6cb9k39

Sanji
Thanks Sanji for all that information which has given me loads of potential options

The main worry is driving as I have seen the speed of the cars and also driving on the different side of the road worries me

I think I have 3 options

1. A few buses

2. Bus to Ronda and then train to Teba

3. Hire a car

4. Taxi

I am beginning to think a taxi is my best option. Take an extra 100 euro's or so with me, get a taxi first thing in the morning (say 7:00) and then be back by mid morning. I have a wee girl of 4 and I am not sure dragging my wife and daughter through a series of bus trips would be the best and it would pretty much take up a full day. Also I wouldn't want to drive them in case I had an accident. With the taxi I could arrange one through the hotel, agree a fee at the outset and then ask the driver if he could stay for 30 mins or so until I get some photo's

Thanks for all your help

Steven
The main worry is driving as I have seen the speed of the cars and also driving on the different side of the road worries me

I can fully appreciate your concerns, I have been all over the Costa Blanca and inland in the Costa del Sol as a passenger sat next to a friend driving, and it looks so easy when you know how, I've sat next to the driver and thought "yeah I could do this" and apart from actually operating the pedals, mentally I've driven that car, but actually doing it fills me with fear because there is no room for mistakes.
2. Bus to Ronda and then train to Teba

Why are you going to Ronda.?
Ronda is about the same distance as Antequera from Teba, but Ronda is further away from Malaga/Torremolinos.
Malaga to Ronda is between 94-117 kms ( depending on route)
Malaga to Antequera is between 52- 76 kms " " "
Option number 5
Leave the wifey and little one behind for a few hours and give the €100 to the wifey to spend, trust me, she'll love shopping without you around.
Get up early, catch either the train or the bus to Malaga >Antequera> Teba....or maybe Malaga>Teba.

You must do what you think is best. ;)
Sanji
She will love that Sanji!!!!!

I thought of Ronda because of the train but you are right, multiple buses would be best.

6th option - £100 for taxi and another £100 for wife to spend - everyone happy

Steven
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.