Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
All depends when you are going, but it tends to be far cheaper in high summer (June -Sept) approx 30=50% less. We play in March and prices vary from about 60-80 euros per round. I stay in Benalmadena pueblo and these courses are all within 15 minute drive. Most expensive first. All good courses with good facilities. Torrequebrada, La Cala (North and South, quite tough) Mijas (Los Lagos and Los Olivios) and Parador that you see as you fly into Malaga. Incidentally, my wife and I regularly catch the train to spend the day in Carvajal beach. Nothing better than renting a lounger and having lunch in one of the seafood "chiringitos" on the beach. Los Andaluces is our favourite, just across the road from the staion and onto the beach.
Hello
Thanks very much for that, do you know if you have to book the various golf courses or can you just go on the day and pay, Do you know of any web sites for them, Do you take your own golf clubs or hire them whilst your there, we cant decide weather to take our own or not. Weve been to the costa del sol a few times, but we havn't played golf, so not sure which way would work out the cheapest.
Im glad to hear that someone likes the beach, when weve been to Benalmadena before we never visited Carjaval, so not sure what to expect, I hear a lot of the Spanish locals go to it. are there many watersports there. Were not really fish eaters, are there only fish restraunts on the beach or can you get other types of food there.
thanks again for your help, any information will be gratefully appreciated.
I have always taken my clubs so don't know hire prices. If your playing a few times I think it would work out cheaper to fly the clubs over. I use Benalgolf in the pueblo to book my golf. They are a friendly wee company and have never let us down. They work between their shop and the Bar Las Mimosas a few doors away. The have some outings too which seem good value and friendly. Their website is fairly new but you can also phone them directly. Their phone numbers are on the site. Don't worry about the seafood places. They cater for carnivores too. Always meat, chicken and various salads available. Log into http://www.benalgolf.com
I've followed Brian's advice and used Benalgolf, too. Friendly service, and a good selection of courses to play. No complaints.
When you go out, do make a point of playing the new course Santana at La Cala. In my humble opinion it is by a distance the best affordable lay-out on the coast. Wide, rolling fairways, great greens and welcoming staff, it is simply UNMISSABLE!
http://www.santanagolf.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.