Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Torrevieja
45 Posts
Hi

Im not 100% as ive never been there before but been to benidorm many times i almost certain you need to go to alicante airport
Hi debbymark ... Murcia Airport is closer to Torrevieja, but Alicante Airport may be better in terms of fares, availability, onward transportation, etc. If you have flights to Murcia and Alicante from your local airport, then it would be worth comparing both.

For more info and discussion on each airport, please click here.

David :wave
I think Torrevieja is just slightly nearer to Murcia (San Javier) Airport than it is to Alicante, although there is not much in it.

Cheers
Mark
thanks for the replies. We have both flights with easyjet and jet2 but not much difference in price but looking at the map I thought
Murcia was closer. Would I have much difficulty it getting to Torrevieja from Murcia or is the onward journey better from Alicante?
As I said, Torrevieja is closer to Murcia Airport than it is to Alicante Airport. But Murcia Airport is actually closer to Torrevieja too, than it is to Murcia !! I am not aware of any direct bus services to Torrevieja, but according to the airport websites, a taxi from Murcia Airport would be €25 and from Alicante Airport, it would be €44. You would also have the option of private transfer services. If you have competitive fares and availability from your local airport, then Murcia Airport may well be your best option. You may pick up more tips or advice by posting in the Murcia Airport topic, via the link above.

David :wave
Hi Debbymark. There isn't much difference in the distance from Alicante or Murcia to Torrevieja. Also think you are looking a bit more than 44euros to Torrevieja from Alicante airport not sure on exact price and it all depends on where you are staying in Torrevieja. If i could choose i would fly into Murcia and out of Alicante as there is not much at Murcia Airport in the way of shops. Would not like to Spend 2 hours there waiting for my departure. There are no direct bus routes to either airport. I know with Alicante you have to go to Bus Station into Alicante itself then get the Torrevieja bus could take 1 1/2 to get to Torrevieja by bus. 40 minutes by taxi, Taxi stands outside arrivals at both Alicante and Murcia. Roughly where are you staying in Torrevieja and when. I have lived here nearly 5 years and love it.
at the moment I don't know the correct location a friend has an apartment there and said we could use it. Was looking at the end of April. It is £60 with Jet2 but over ninty with easyjet
Murcia i find is a good airport to arrive in as its quieter and is very easy to join the ap7 toll road if you wanted a hassle free trip into torrevieja
thanks everyone with all the good advice
Fudgey, The name of the place we are staying is Villa Martone. I think it is two miles approx out of Torreveija. do you know of it? any information would be a great help
If you search this forum for posts on Villamartin you will find some information. If you need to know more, post back.
sorry about the spelling as I was unable to make out the persons writing. Thanks for your help
All booked now for the 22 April. I need to know is it a must to hire a car or are there places we can easily walk too or is it easy to get a taxi. Also is there a local supermarket to get some things in. We are arriving in Villamartin around nine pm
This site is great for getting the answers
HI Debbymark sorry don't know to much about VillaMartin except that you will probably need a car to get to the beach. Will send you a PM
You will certainly need a car. Villamartin is a few kilometers inland from La Zenia beach, which can get quite crowded, and at least 8 kilometers from Torrevieja. Villamartin is predominantly a golfing resort, with three courses nearby (Villamartin, Las Ramblas & Campoamor), so if you are not into golf you will probably want to explore further afield.

There are plenty of supermarkets on the road from La Zenia (N332) to Villamartin, but the normal closing time is 9:15 pm.

There is also a small supermarket in Villamartin square selling English stuff.

Enjoy your stay, and PM me if you need directions or further info.
I do love finding out information when I am going somewhere different so thanks everyone for their help
hope I can be of help here, I have been to torrevieja several times. torrevieja itself is a market town with harbour. it is surrounded by urbanisations of which villamartin is one, some of these urbs are several miles away from torre itself.
most urbs have their own commercial centres which include bars, shops, restaurants.
The main shops are just on the outskirts of town and are carrefour and the habernas shopping centre.
I would highly recommend you hire a car.
torre is not really a tourist place like benidorm for example, it is more set up for the people who live there.
there is plenty to do in and around torre but you need to be prepared to travel. hope you have a good time.
anything specific i can help with just ask.
Rennie, we are in our early sixties so not looking for a wild time. We are looking for a nice relaxing time.Just hope for a bit of sun. My husband would like the harbour if there are boats there. Not very keen on driving on the right but we will find out when we arrive if we need a car. We are used to going to Tenerife and there we would walk some and get a taxi back. A few Questions
1)How much would a taxi be from Torre to Villamartin also to the two shopping centers you mentioned?
2) Is there English Mass?

Many thanks for replying.
Debbymark just wondering if you got my pm.
fudgey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.