Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Towels
16 Posts
Hi Joy :wave:

Can anyone tell me if you get supplied with pool towels or should we bring our beach towels.

:think Can you tell us which hotel you are going to?

Graham
Oops, sorry Graham, we are going to the Dar Khayam.
Joy
Hi Joy, the Dar K does not supply beach towels, you'll need to bring your own.
Same question but different hotel. Does anyone know what the pool/beach towel situation is like at the Royal Kenz Hotel
For the Royal Kenz,they do supply pool/beach towels,you pay 10 dinar at reception for a token which you give to the pool man at the pool bar and he will give you a towel,you can change your towel daily if you wish,at the end of your holiday give your towel back to him and ask for the token which you take back to reception,and they will give you your 10 dinars back.
How about the Maharaba Royal Salem in Sousse-- do they supply towels on sun longers etc? How about the towels in the rooms can they be used?

Just think about extra luggage and weight! Want to avoid that at all costs!

Pete
large beach towels in PEK approx 10 dinar to buy (take from the middle of the pile due to odour) :(
Buy hammam towels in Tunisia. Perfect for holidays and travelling, pack small and dry quickly, can double as a sarong or wrap.
Had a look at trying to get a couple of hamman towels on line but are expensive at £22 each plus p&p.

How much are we looking at out there for a large hammman towel. Nothing fancy-just your run of the mill sort. Cotton I guess.
No towels provided for the beach or pool in the Royal Salem and I seem to remember seeing a sign saying hotel towels not to be taken out of the room. Plenty of towels for sale at the hotel shop, as well as elsewhere, but I didn't check the prices.
Aslema.

Yes you are100% correct. We have only recently returned. The sad thing is that we actually took notice of of the info left in the bathroom re not to use the towels by the pool etc-- many just took no notice of it.
Hope you enjoyed your holiday. We probably over-lapped as I only got back Saturday last week (2nd April).
We got back on 3rd April! There were some lovely people when we were there as well. Who knows we may have spoken to you! We are going back on 18th May for a week again. Our daughter will join us this time.
Hi all.This is our first time to Tunisia,we are really looking forward to it.We are going to the Riu Imperial Marhaba in PKT.Does any one have any information on the renovation works thats going on there?? also do they supply towels for the beach?? we are going on June 26th for a week,any information would be great thank !!!
We were in the Riu Palace Hammemet Marhaba,brilliant hotel.
Pool towels supplied,like all Riu hotels visited in Caribbean given a towel pool ticket
per person on check-in.
End of holiday hand in ticket or a towel per person,neither you pay for towels.
But the pool man did not seem to bother how many towels you had,got 4 one day for 2 tickets.
Bad point about the towels was a very old french lady on holiday with her daughter & granddaughter.
The old lady would take her g/daughter & go & sit on sunbeds that people have left with their
towels on,when they have gone for a walk etc,the old lady would wrap her g/daughter in a towel,
then put another around herself,she did this everyday.
The lady did not wear any different clothes all through the holiday,even same clothes at meal times,
we took it that she came with a empty case & went home with a case full of Riu towels.
She only picked up the new towels,a English lady we spoke to had noticed what she was doing also.
So sad when a person does this. :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.