Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Conman. All the information you seek can be found in the Costa del Sol information guide on this page. The Malaga Airport information section provides a detailed breakdown of how to get from the airport to the Malaga-Fuengirola train.
If you have any other questions after reading it, just fire away.
Costa Del Sol information guide HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
we did just the same last week i got a street map of Fuengirola if you need it cos we walked for miles looking for our hotel didnt get much help from local people when looking for hotel. The prices for the train was 1.75 euros each Aand the trains run about every 30 mins. if you need any more help pm me i will do my best.
simz
Hi there, Yes its a doddle getting the train, and it will save you loads of money. Just come out the airport and turn right, and follow the signs, you can take your luggage trolly right down to the train station.
Have some change ready for your tickets, but I think it takes notes as well. Its a really brilliant train service.
We have been doing the train for the last eight years, and had no problems at all. If you tell me your Hotel you are staying at, I will try and help you.
You could always get off the train at Torrablanca, there are taxi's there and it would be cheaper than from the Airtport, and at least you will get straight to your hotel.
Hope this helps.
:wave
Have a good time.
You need to go up one level from the arrivals hall to get to the footbridge leading from the airport to the railway station. Access to the bridge is via the top floor of the short-stay car park.

A.M.
What Aguilamike says is true there is construction going on at the airport and you have to go to the upper level of the car park.make your way to the furthest right hand corner to access the ramp.There are new style ticket machines.Much easier to use.
Hi Conman,

Getting the train from Malaga to Fuengirola could not be easier, there is only one train line and Fuengirola is the last stop.

If you are staying near to the train station, walking will be fine. However if you are staying at the other end, say Dona Sofia, I would recommend sending the luggage with either yourself or your wife in a taxi from Fuengirola station and the rest of you walking (they won't let 5 in a taxi).

It is some distance and lugging suitcases in this heat is not a very pleasant thought.

:glynis enjoy
bar
yes i am staying at dona sofia ,,,,,,,,,

i cant understand how someone worked that out

anyway we will have a go at walking but if the mrs and kids start moaning while they pull the suitcases i might have to dissapear into a bar to get drunk,,

then they can find the accomidation themselves and unpack
Hi, I think donna sopia is right at the other end of fungi, so you need to walk down to the sea front and turn right and keep walking, the walks not to bad its the sun that will kil you lol, we use these people rentals4u@hotmail.co.uk i think it was about 50 euros for 5 people to donna sopia. and drove us around when we wanted to go out .
Hi Conman,

I have tried to send 3 messages to you but I dont think they are working for some reason so here goes again.................

I would estimate that its a 15-20 walk (without luggage) from Fuengirola station to Dona Sofia apartments as they are right at the end near to the castle.

A taxi should cost between 6-9 Euros (agree price before getting in) and in my opinion well worth the expense. Bearing in mind that its gonna reach 34 degrees today and temps are set to rise, :sun I would think its essential if you want to save your marriage. If after a long day travelling, waiting around for luggage, train ride and then you asked me to walk 20mins (or longer) with heavy bags I think divorce would be on the cards.

Incidently the Dona Sofia is a really nice place to stay, good apartments and nice beach.

If you are still seeking out bargain booze, try the Port in Fuengriola.

Cheers :glynis
Agree with sunnysenorita 100%
are you "happily" married?????????????

I dont know Fuengirola very well, but Iv been to Torre often enough to know that I woundnt want to carry cases any distance in that kind of heat. So unless you travel light, and your kids are well old enough and strong enough to do their share, for the sake of a few euros I dont see why you wont get the taxi.

Absolutely agree with comments about the train - that bit of the journey will be no bother. Also make sure you use it for visiting other places while you are on holiday, including Malaga
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.