Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
We have £1200 is this more than enough?

For 1 day...7 days....14 days....21 days......a year.....? :wink:

Baldur
Oh sorry :roll: we are away 2 weeks bed & breakfast
I always get a pair of trainers for my daughter and my husband gets his trainers there .They are still using trainers and shoes we bought 4 years ago .You can get a lot of fake brand names and they are very good .We go to G/S but it is the same in Sunny beach . June :wave
Hi ulsterg :wave ,

I have also bought trainers & shoes from Sunny Beach & they are still going strong.

There is a more traditional style market on a Wednesday in one of the near by villages. I cant remember the name though. Sorry! :oops: .

There are a couple of really good stalls in the main market area of SB. They do alot of the brand names. I too have a child that is into them & there is more than enough to choose from. They can average from £7 to £18, depending on what you want. £1200 is plenty to go with for 2 weeks, in fact you could take half of that & still come back with some.

Hope you have a fab time. :glynis

tepe
Thankyou for the replies June & Tepe they very helpful :)
Hi

You can do a shopping trip from Sunny Beach while you're there,it consists of a stop at the Metro (Hypermarket) and then on to Burgas,and on the way back it stops off at the gypsy market at Kableshko.
When i was there it was on a Thursday,you can book it with your travel rep,but it is cheaper to book it with one of the local excursion booths.

I bought my trainers at Burgas and my shoes at the gypsy market,that was 2yrs ago and both are still going strong.
Hi, just came back from sunny beach yesterday. I went with my son took £400 for the 2 of us for 1 week, and that was plenty. Drinks and food are cheap about 6 levs per person. Market was on a Thursday. Shops sell trainers but i never really looked at them. A lot of Von Dutch, Diesel, Lacoste, Formula 1 stuff to buy. Tops vary from 10 - 18 lev. £3- £8 each. stuff is really cheap. Just watch your bags when you go out, ladies tops seem to be 1 size, stretchy material, guys are S,M,L,XL
on the main road of sunny beach there is a market which is on everyday where you can get trainers
The fake clothes are nothing like the designer clothes, not the same high quality cotton material at all.
You wouldnt buy poor clothes in the UK so dont here just because someone has sewed on a rather poor NIKE or Rebok label. Its all tat. Shoes no way if you care for your feet. Stuart
Stuart, Sorry, have too disagree about it all being tat. I have bought trainers for thee past 3 years and my adidas and Puma ones are still going strong.
My wife bought leather boots and shoes, once again still wearing well. Her Timberland jacket is so good we were asked, and bought somemore last year. You just have to look and make sure you're happy with what you're buying.
We did see some adidas trainers with nike soles !!!
Misery guts :) It's all clothing, just because a pair of "Nyke" shoes don't have the special "Nike" air bubbles doesn't mean squat. A knock off is a knock off, and if people are happy wearing them then so be it!

You wouldnt buy poor clothes in the UK
Yeh, not many people in the developed world shop in TK maxx, Primark, QS, Peacocks etc. ? And what about charity shops?

As for the foot thing, I wear a pair of £13 "Hurley" trainers. And I have perfect feet. And as far fetched as it may seem on a website where people make stuff up, my mum was a chiropodist for many many years. She trained with scholl (lived in Islington for a month when I was ten... I suffered, but that's by the by). And I have nicely painted nails. Who cares whether or not my shoes come from a market or not. The reality of a branded society is simply that we get told that product X is better for you if it costs more. Take the famous sociological experiment whereby caviar was branded exactly the same, with exactly the same product inside, yet people chose the extortionately priced one over the cheap one.

Sorry to get on my high horse, but before defending brand names try reading the book "branded" by Alissa Quartz. That, along with a few others have really opened my eyes to the reality of branding.

It's not a personal attack, and tbh, i don't care that much. IM OFF TO GOLDEN SANDS TOMORROW.... ahahahahaaaa!!!

Love
Marianne
Hi Ulsterg, I think you will find £1200 is more than enough for 2 weeks unless you plan loads of excursions. In fact you will probably come back with some spare.
The other half and I usually spend about £700 between us and that includes food, drink and presents.

8) The Toonman
Marianne
I see you've started on the pina coladas! :wink:
Ulsterg- I'm sure you'll find some bargains- you just have to be realistic as to what the quality is likely to be.( Mind you, the members here seem to have had good wear from their trainers.)
To both Ulsterg and Marianne- have great holidays! :D
Yeh... uh, sorry guys. :oops: Cya next week!
Thanks folks for you comments they really helped..really looking forward to it now,,2 more days :yipee
Marianne and Mazza, thats fair enough I accept what you say. I have touched and bought sweatshirts etc in Bulgaria and all I am saying is that I always came away feeling.....this material is not fine cotton infact it feels poor quality to the touch.

That is my opinion and I have shared it.

I go to Sunny Beach on 16th and so will look again and maybe prove myself wrong and buy a nice garment.

Stuart
Hope you have a great time!
I bought theree pairs of trainers this time last year. Two pairs are reasonably OK but one pair is starting to come apart at the seams. I only wear trainers really at the weekend and I can only wear one pair at a time, so they have not had that much wear. I went with the intention of buying trainers for aerobics, but didn't find any suitable for sports wear only fashion shoes. I also got four fake handbags. Two were small bags for going out at night and they have stood up fine, but again, they have only been used very occasionally. I got the other two for work. The zip went in one within about six weeks and the lining completely in the other in about six months. They were both used every day and have stood up very badly compared to bags I have got from home for not much more which never seem to wear out and I only change cos I get bored with them (though not obviously designer - more M&S). I think you only get what you pay for and will no doubt buy more stuff when I go next week, but not for anything I want to use on a daily basis. As for the clothes, I didn't even bother because the sizes were so small :bawl
Thanks Alison. I thought I was beginning to sound like a misery guts as someone put it. I am not alone though.

My zip went also on a hoodie. Lets not get carried away everyone. If we all think this is Primart prices and quality(and I buy from Primart sometimes and they have been fine - £4 jeans, £2 sweatshirts) then you will know what you are getting.

Infact I think Primart are better than what I have seen and bought. Alison is right their sizes are like 2 - 3 sizes wrong.

I just dont agree with people saying bargain - brand names willy nilly because they are not in quality anything like the real thing.

If that is being a misery guts then sorry but live in a fantasy then, I prefer the real world of facts.
Stuart
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.