Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi Kedi Yavrusu
Those Prices quoted do seem a bit steep My friend who lives in the area says its approx 40euro's and 85 euro's for a round trip. Hope you find this info useful :tup
£70 is ridiculous! Get the bus into Chania and another one out to Kalives. Shouldn't be more than 20 euros each way per person. It's not so direct but it's easy enough if you're not in a rush. You could hire a care for £45 a day!
Thanks for the info. It is my parents who are going and they are in their 70s so I don't think they would be wanting to get a bus with all their luggage but I don't think they will book the transfers at that price either :yikes

Is the 40 euros for a taxi?
can you fly from cardiff or bristol to chania?
veryanniemary

you would be best asking in the flights airline/airport threads as our aviation experts have all the necessary inroads to that sort of information

yasus
wizard
I have a friend in Kalives who would collect and return your parents to the airport.

I can give you her contact details if you contact me personally. :)
johngw...that was kind of you :)
i'm off to crete tomorrow BTW :D & we ended up flying cardiff to heraklion, but we've hired a car & will drive to kalives :)
Hi veryanniemary
hope you have a good journey, we drove from Heraklion to Almyrida, (just up the road from Kalyves,) and we took the scenic route through Georgopolis and Vamos.
It only took us about an hour and half to get to the villa,
If you stay on the national road it should be even quicker,
Enjoy your holiday :sun2 I have to wait til Nov when I will be on this beautiful island again :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.