Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
There is some info HERE on the length of the transfer, but not on the cost unfortunately.

Perhaps you can ask your accommodation provider if they provide transfers.

luci :wave
If you arrive on the days that the holiday companies arrive e.g Thomsons, you can pay for a transfer from them if there's seats on their bus. I have done this in the past on a 4 day break.
CarrieBMW,

we have just got back from Sorrento. As you leave the terminal building there are bus stops outside. The left hand stop, nearest the taxi lane goes to the railway station in Sorrento. 7 Euros each way pay the driver who will give you a dated ticket. On your return get it from the station again. The timeable is next to the bus stop. Takes about 1 1/2 hours

Any other questions about Sorrento(which we used as a base really) just ask

Bill
Thank you so much for your replies especially Bill. It is great news that we can get a direct bus transfer to Sorrento as we were a little concerned about the train option.

Did you find Sorrento expensive to eat etc and if you went site-seeing, was it costly to gain entrance to places?

Thanks in advance for any help ;)
The bus ride from Naples to Sorrento is an adventure in itself. All part of the holiday. Just check times of the return trips. Whereabouts in Sorrento are you staying? Just that the further out from the station the busier the bus got.

We ate out each of the three evenings we were there. Prices varied some places a pizza from 10 euros, but wandering around you see variations. Some places do pizzas from 5 euros.

Each evening we spent on average 40 euros for two. Starter course and main plus beers or wine, including cover and tip.

There is one restaurant I can recommend( we went there twice) as soon as I can remember the name I will post up. It is about 100metres from Tasso Piazza and not only was it very good service the food was excellent.

Just around the corner from the piazza is a supermarket to pick up drinks snacks etc..very reasonable(also you will notice all the orange trees on the street)

We did a day trip to Capri - excellent. Fast boat from Sorrento to Capri cost us about 54 euros fro two returns approx 20 min crossing. Trip to the Blue Grotto (its a cave that has an entrance approx 3 feet high so you have to lie in the bottom of the rowing boat- corny but you will probably regret not doing it) was 11 euros each for the main boat trip, 5 euros each for the small boat into the grotto and also a tip was expected!

Or you can do an around the island trip, we didn't do it so no idea of cost.
Noted all the taxis are convertibles!!

Trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum Train 1 euro 90 per trip so 3.80 return each( make sure you get the ticket stamped by the machines or risk a fine Both sites 11 euros entrance but you can buy a multi-site ticket and save money. We never actually went into Herculaneum site proper.

You can see a lot of the site from the road down to the ticket office, and just thought we would spend more time exploring Pompeii.

Both sites have railway stations within a very short walk. Just make sure you get on the right train back to Sorrento.

I will post more later as soon as I find the restaurant card with the name on it.

Edit......Found the card the restaurant is L'Abate on Piazza San Antonino.

Any other questions please ask away

Bill
Thanks so much for your help Bill that is just the sort of info we needed. We are off on Thursday so fingers crossed we have a good time. If you think of anything else that may help us then we would be happy to have your information before we leave. Report when I return :wave:
Booked on line flights and then Hotel and forgot to book Transfers

Best I found from Naples to Sorrento is resortHoppa.com Merc E class or Audi A^ 2 passengers return £119.41

I also found Thompson Car Hire for 1 week @ £144.80
I hope this is of help

I have used Airport Transfers in both Prague & Budapest and found them to be waiting there for me with English speaking drivers in spotless cars and prompt return collection times :)
  • Edited by David 2008-07-02 16:02:39
    Post transferred from the Private Rentals forum
Well sorry for the late reply but I can tell you that there is a transport bus service from Naples airport to Sorrento and it worked well for us. We did have to wait a while for it to leave as it only runs around every 2 hours. Be warned though that it fills up quickly and once it is full you will have a long wait for the next one.

It is to the left as you come out of the terminal building situated right near to a cafe you wont miss it and it is a cheap option. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.