Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Graham

I suggest you also post your question in the America forum HERE

Pippy :D
You write "In Transit" go through U.S immigration and then to the Bahams Air Desk, check with virgin check-in if you need to collect your baggage, am pretty sure you do. You are arriving into the U.S and then leaving the U.S .

On arrival at Nassau airport, if you dont get a waiver form ( for the Bahamas) on the Bahamas Air flight , then they are "scattered about" in immigration, same as the U.S ones as far as filling in.

Coming home, U.S immigration are in Nassau airport, more waiver filling in cos you're going back to the U.sS ( really friendly and helpfull staff ) so you re-enter the U.S again oh but they only had Waiver forms in Spainish, was fun.
I remember we had the option to have our bags straight through to Gatwick from there, but we were going to Miami for another week.

This was about 4 years ago but cant of changed much and anyway, we didnt know what to do at the time and the Miami Airport Staff told us what to do...dont rely on Virgin cabin crew they wont have a clue, lol.
you will be an expert at filling out waiver forms by the end of it .
You will have to collect your luggage as you arrive in the US, for Customs.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.