Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
My hubs went to Barcelona last week and said it was about 17€ return for an adult and 10€ return for a child. (he's forgotten and it's been less than 5 days since he went). The taxi we were in yesterday was 125€ for a taxi from Salou to Barcelona Airport. It was a Metro taxi.
Thank you Grovvee, do you think I could get a taxi that will take 2 adults and 4 kids.
Hubs went with our friend and their 2 kids. So there was the same number as you and they got a big taxi for the 6 of them.
I've used holidaytaxis.com a couple of times and find them to be good. You can pre-book taxis / minibuses of whatever size you require for your party & pay up front in the UK. There are other similar companies as well.
The trains from Barcelona city to Salou can cost from around 8 to 17 Euros per person depending on speed, luxury etc.
Again you can book / pay for some of them in the UK on the http://www.renfe.es (Spanish Rail) website.
Our flight is not due into to Barca until 20.10, just wondering does anyone know what time the last train is.
The http://www.renfe.es website should give you the current time-table information, but it you're talking a holiday next year then it could be pot luck !
The last train to Salou from Barcelona is 9.30 at night and you have to get a connecting train into Barcelona from the airport first and then change trains to Salou.It cuts it very short so we have never got the train as we also arrived at 20.10 from Cork.
In May we hired a car but it was only for a week and we shared price with my brother so it was fine.
In July we used girotransfer and the price for 5 of us was 175euro which is 35euro each.
HTH
Thanks Tina, I am also looking at booking the Cork flight. I got a price of 210 euro from Girotransfer for the 6 of us. Will probably go with that option.

We have loads of time on return so will probably use the public transport option on return.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.