America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
If you book a holiday with Virgin Holidays, they offer a weekly coach between Orlando and Clearwater/St.Pete's. I think it is about $25 return which seems very good value.
What about http://www.grayline.com ? Probably not the cheapest method, but we've used them for getting to theme parks in Florida including Busch Gardens so I'm guessing they go between resorts.

luci :wave
I'll check out Virgin Holidays, have already booked holiday though so will see if they can do it separately.

What's so bad about Greyhound?

Thanks for help!
I could be wrong but I'm sure Amtrak only goes to Tampa and then you have to connect for a bus service to St Pete's. If that appeals then don't be put off Amtrak, we have used them extensively in the USA and have always found them to be excellent and very reliable. It's certainly a far better service then you find on any UK rail network.

Many many people use Greyhound on a daily basis in the USA so I doubt there would be too many problems especially over a relatively short distance such as the one you are looking at.

Of course the best way to get there is to drive. It's a simple journey down there, but then again driving in Florida is a doddle just about anywhere outside of Miami. If you can hire a car, I would certainly recommend this way over the other options.
I agree with jwhiting, the best way is to drive to St Pete Beach from Orlando if this is possible for you - it's very straight forward - all pretty much highway and then will give you more flexibility to visit surrounding areas once you're in St Pete, should take about 1 hr 20 mins. Although it is possible to use buses and taxi's when staying in St Pete. The Sirata Hotel (INVALID URL has a bus stop a couple of minutes walk from front entrance which will take you into St Pete town via a change on the way.

:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.