Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi Alisonn55,

Can't tell you much about travlling from Gdansk to warsaw, but myself and a friend took the train from Warsaw to Krakow about 2 yrs ago and it was alot easier than we thought it would be.

We called into the main rail station (city centre - beside the then newly opened Shopping centre) and in the information office there the fella explained the tickets we'd need. We bought them there and then and were allocated seats on a train leaving the next morning which arrived at the correct platform and on time.

The journey to Krakow was about 3 to 3 and a half hrs, and to be honest, a bit boring ! I was hoping to get to see alot of Poland (mountains, valleys , etc.), but no, its as flat as a pancake and it was endless hugh open fields and tillage.

The train was similar to the old trains from the B&W films with individual setion with a corridor on one side, which was a novelty, with inbuild heating controls fro each section.

The train was quiet enough going to Krakow, but was full comming back in the evening, so it is important to book in advance, BUT don't book by web site as you'll be fleeced that way.

We loved Poland and the people are very friendly with loads of advise if you get talking to them.

Happy holidays,

Tom
Trip from Gdansk to Cracow takes 8-16 hours.
If you are travelling by Inter City it will be 8 hours and costs about 130zl.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.