Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
you do not have Abta cover sorry that wont help...

as you have become a member of HT this gives you a senior contact at TR in the form of one of the manager Steve,[steve@travelrepublic.co.uk] send him a short polite note by e-mail [include booking ref] and im sure he will get someone to look into your problem and reply [but it may take a few days.. he is a busy boy]

wiz
Travel Republic are members of ABTA so I am not sure what you mean by:

"you do not have Abta cover sorry that wont help..."
if you have purchased a Hotel,flight and transfer in a dynamic package they are not normally covered [although new rules are being introduced at the moment] therefore abta wont be interested [been down that route with another company before] so i reiterate my previous post and try to contact Steve

wiz
Where did I say that I had purchased a "dynamic package"?
I have been in touch with TR since 26 Aug and have sent emails to someone who is the Customer Relations manager. Customer Relations - in my opinion not fit for purpose.
You didn't but you mentioned transfers for U which is a company usually used by companies offering Dynamic packages.

I am trying to offer the best advice i can to help you attain a resolution

wizard
If you read through the Travel Republic forum here you will see that Steve has resolved the problems of many members of HT to their satisfaction so what have you got to lose by contacting him and seeing if he can do the same for you? The effort he has put into this is one of the reasons why TR receives such a good press here from many HT members. Also, getting Steve on the case can mean that your complaint is dealt with a great deal quicker than going to arbitration even if your issue does turn out to be within the remit of the ABTA scheme.

If in the end you can't reach an agreement with them via Steve then you still always have the option of trying to pursue it via other routes but there's surely nothing to be lost by contacting him?

SM
Piscator, as an example of how an email to Steve can get things sorted very quickly have a look at this thread:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/travel-republic-hotel-closure-t157106.html

SM
Hi Piscator, I would just like to let you know that the link left by SMa was an original post left by me. On the same day I left my post wizard advised me to contact Steve at TR, I did and within TWO hours of emailing him my problem with TR and my hotel being closed etc was sorted.
I'm convinced that it was all sorted out thanks to Steve, he has also emailed me letting me know that even though my hotel has now been sorted if I find I have any other problems (and I really hope that I won't!) I'm to get in touch with him directly.
It's definately worth emailing Steve :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.