Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Welcome to the forums Tru :wave:

Am sorry to hear of your complaint. I've pm'd (private messaged) steved1, who works for TR and who often assists members with Travel Republic queries.
Many thanks Glynis. Please let me know if Steved1 needs any more information.
Hi tru, we had 21 transfer bookings with A2B from Sharm to Nabq Bay on 2-Jun. 4 of those had two adults and two children, and I couldnt see anyone who might use a forum name of tru!

I will send you a PM, as I am not sure if you can send being a new member. If you can reply with your booking ref, or postcode, I will try and find out what happened.

Thansk Steve
Hi Steve

The Travel Republic booking reference was TRN/5159939 and the provider's booking reference I1056306. I hope this helps.
Thanks tru, will find out what happened, at some point we will need to formalise this, as if A2B hold up their hands to this, then they will want to see receipts/confirmation of your additional expenses. I will then ask you to send this over to us.

Steve
Hi tru, A2B have contacted the local supplier and have not received a satisfactory reply as to why you were not met at Sharm, or picked up from your hotel. They have advised us to issue you with a full refund. They will also consider your expenses claim on receipt of proof.

Rather than cut you loose late in this process, if you send proof of your expenses to me, I will ask our Customer Relations team to send them to A2B, and take over your claim.

Please send them to my attention (Steve Dean), at Travelrepublic, Clarendon House, 147 London Road, Kingston, KT2 6NH.

Thanks, and apologies once again for this not working as we would both expect.

Regards Steve
Hi Steve...just wanted to give you a pat on the back...and say well done...I think TR should give you a wage rise...do they realise what a fantastic advert you are for TR...I have always been wary of booking with on-line travel agents because of the bad reports we have had about unresolved problems ect....whilst you are here to help sort things out I would not have a problem booking with TR...no amount of advertising by TR can match the PR job you do here... :tup ...tweetie
I must reiterate that comment tweetie -- he is brilliant --- and for anyone wanting to show appreciation -- Steve likes Quality Street!!!! ;) xx

(And no, I don't work for TR and am not his best friend, but just a very satisfied customer! :) )
I completely agree with Tweetie! Advertising won’t get as much a positive ‘word of mouth’ as this act of Travel Republic. Or should I say ‘as this act of Steve’ cuz I read somewhere that you do it of your own bat to help customers. Keep it up!
Reserved this service prior to arrival at Puerto Plata airport and when they didn't show up, called and was told they didn't have a taxi in the area and for us to spend $100 on another taxi to take us to resort. Said would come by next day to reimburse us for the $. Never happened. Constantly inquired and was then told they had us booked for following day and created a fictitious booking document as reason why they weren't there - claiming we changed the date of the pick-up (Not True!). Subsequent follow-ups via email, phone calls, and support from booking company (Mozio, who validated our claim) have been ignored. Stay away from these guys!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.