Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Sterling TC's are recommended. See Page 1 of the currency sticky topic at the top of the General Holiday Enquiries forum.

luci :wave
Traveller's cheques are not recommended for Italy, especially if you are staying in a smaller village or rural area...We had a hard time trying to get a bank to change them and the one we did find eventually charged a fairly standard charge of £20... :yikes

I was told by our wedding planner that they are not really used anymore and that it is getting increasingly difficult to find anywhere willing to change them, she certanly wasn't surprised by the experience we had...

We managed with Euros and credit cards...
Travellers Cheques seem to be dying a death. We've just been to Italy and I would advise taking some euros with you to get you started and then getting money out from the ATM or paying by debit card if your bank charges are OK (we're with Nationwide and don't get charged for withdrawals or using the card so I just transfer all my holiday to my current account). We used our debit card in all the restuarants we went to and the supermarkets.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.