Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
My regular autumn holiday route is :- Chunnel, Rouen, Bordeaux, Irun, Burgos, Valladolid, Salamanca. Then Guada (Portugal), Castello Branca, Estoril (3 or 4 nights) then onto the Algarve.

Spanish main roads are probably better than UK roads. Most motorways in Portugal are free and very high standard.

The road down from Salamanca to Seville is OK but I prefer to get into Portugal asap.
Cheers for the reply, we are going to have a night in Seville hence why we are going that way, however on the way back we are going the way you mentioned, Guarda etc.

What is the route like through Northern Portugal to the Algarve, we are stopping in Carvoeiro.

Cheers Mark.
Motorway A23 which starts at Villa Formosa is an exceptionally scenic route, and it's free to use. The route includes viaducts and tunnels. All in all, the motorway routes and main highways of Portugal are very good and well signposted.

Have a good trip.

PS I think you may want more than 1 night in Seville it's a fabulous city, it's that good, we now have their manager at White Hart Lane.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.