General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Assuming the story is exactly as the passenger states, then it is definitely scary. Regarding the child 'sharing' the same name as a terrorist my son also has this problem. He is 30 years old and his name is 'shared' with an Al Queida terrorist who is on America's top ten most wanted list. We looked him up any my son is a year older and I suppose with a very cursory glance there is a passing resemblance. Two years ago he went on holiday with his father to Israel and on arrival was taken aside at Immigration where he sat for 20 minutes with no explanation before they returned and let him into the country. On returning to the UK he spoke to the Israeli Embassy in London who didn't really help but when we went back to Israel last year as a family unit of 4 when we reached Immigration, the person behind the desk made a quick phone call and let him in with no bother. Incidentally, on returning to the UK he just walked through Immigration. If he was a terrorist now that would be scary! Our feeling is that if he wanted to go to America he would have to go to the Embassy in London and see what he could do.
I'd love to know the full story on this one (the FOXNews article).

Would a stewardess really suggest sedating a baby because he's chatting?
Would a pilot turn a plane round and return to offload a passenger on the word of a single flight attendant? Especially if other passengers spoke on her behalf?
I've found that if there's the tiniest hint of trouble or fuss, there's usually at least a couple of stewardesses around pdq.
Did all the other stewardesses side against the Mom & baby?

Still, if it's found that Ms Penland was inappropriately treated, she'll no doubt get (dare I say it?) compensation. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Polly
ditto that last poster............good heavens......
john-doe............
Sounds like the flight attendant was suffering PMT. :shock: Cheeky mare.
They are there to make your flight go smoothly, not tell you what to do with your children. How very, very dare she. :evil:
What a scary story, at least the woman had witnesses who stuck up for her.I think it is the flight attendant who needs medication personally!
What a fruit cake! :shock:
My Uncle Bin Laden is well in the s*** then isn't he! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.