General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
thanks for your post

the date i need is the 16th the day before it starts so no luck for me!
Thanks for posting this! We have just booked a wee bargain! break in Edinburgh at the beginning of January 07!

Thanks
Jaime C :wave
Such a good price - made use of it too :D
I think travelodge was the one featured on watchdog recently.Just make sure you are not the last to book in as it sounds like they over book on purpose and the last people to book in loose there room or get given a room in another travelodge....sure it will be ok though....nicole
Edinburgh that sounds good Jaime c. looks like the travelodge is more or less in the centre as well :?

shame for us its too far to drive and we would really need to get flights as well :(

We love York but unfortunately no offers for there . typical :(

lyn
A wee tip for anyone booking Travelodge Edinburgh Central (St Marys st) Phone ahead a few days before you go and ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel. You are overlooking the car park then but its a lot quieter than overlooking the busy cobbled road :wink:

We should arrive about 11am - 12 noon so we will be fine. I always call a few days in advance to confirm the booking and to let them know we will definately be there to use the reservation (at any hotel we go to).

HTH
Edinburgh that sounds good Jaime c. looks like the travelodge is more or less in the centre as well

it's just of the "ROYAL MILE" very central.
If you're lucky you can get £15 rooms for up to a year in advance, and not just over Christmas. Go to their website and click onto "Supersave £15 Rooms" then put in your preferred date, it will then ask where you want to stay and then you will be presented with a list of rooms both at £15 and £26 in a half a dozen hotels near to where you want to stay. This is both on the day and a few days either way of the date.

I have done this for hotels for next September and have got results.
thought i would have another look for a bargain night in york just for 1 night between christmas and new year. although they havnt got any saver rooms in york centre have found £26 pounds rooms in tadcaster 5 miles away. so ive booked us in for 1 night 27th dec. we can drive up in the morning , have a mooch around maybe a little shopping,dinner then a ghost tour and next day catch a pantomine.they have Aladin at the york opera house with sid little and that bloke from brookside so thought that might be fun. :D .

does anyone know if travelodge stick to the 3pm checkin rule or whether its likely they would let us check in earlier if our rooms are ready or even check in without going to our room and leave our lugaage in the car. I get really panicky about their over-booking policy now after hearing about it on watchdog and want to make sure we check in early but really need to check in as early as possible then head off for the city centre and not return until bed time. it will be a real pain if we have to keep going backwards and forwards.

lyn
Lyn

There shouldn't be a problem with checking in a bit earlier providing your room is ready or leaving your case there and going out if it is not. We have done both at one time or another and they have been fine.

Regards Jackie
We were able to check in at 11am in Edinburgh in July there as a room was ready.

Though if it hadn't have been they would have held the cases and got us to come back to check in. At that point I would have asked them to guarantee us a room, and especially the quiet one we had requested. I would call ahead to the travelodge in question a few days and confirm the reservation and let them know the time you think you will be arriving at and to let them know you are definately coming along.

(sorry I rambled on there a bit!)
We've been able to check in Travelodges before 3pm before so it's always worth asking.

The Edinburgh Travelodge is in a great location but boy can it be noisy! The Premier Travel Inn at Lauriston place is much quieter.

I've just booked a £15 room at one of the Travelodges near Stanstead for the day before we fly to France next Whitsun - most bargainous!
thanks everyone for that. I shall definately ring a couple of days ahead.

I can sort of feel a new passtime coming over me . its called "lets check out the travelodge site for a £15 weekend break". well maybe not £15 once you add on your spending money my hubby and 2 eldest boys are rolling their eyes again at the thought :D mums at it again. :tut

lyn
Thanks for posting the link. I've just booked at night at the Travel Lodge Manchester Airport before our flight to Las Vegas for £26 which is brilliant for an airport hotel. Next cheapest hotel would have been £69.

luci :wave
I know what you mean lyn, my husband is getting used to me booking holidays now, even if I have something booked I still look.....you never know what bargains are out there!

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.