Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Not sure of the current cost as it's years since I've done that trip (though as I remember it's one of the more pricey ones). They used to do a type of day visa that gets stamped instead of your passport and there was also an additional port tax to pay once you reach Marmaris.

It's an early start and Pefkos is such a distance from the harbour that you're best booking with an agent in Pefkos as they'll sort out a coach transfer, any visa cards (if still needed) and will inform you of any port tax. Make sure you check the local agents before booking with a rep, they can be a good deal cheaper.
We were in Trianda last year and the price for the trip to Marmaris was If I remember correctly was 45 euros plus taxes which was another 10 euros. Don't know about the visas because in the end we decided not to go, because my partner did'nt fancy the boat trip across the choppy seas at the time. We ended up doing the island tour which was 20 euros.
Last June I did it the other way round - stayed in Turkey but went across by boat to Rhodes for the Rhodes Rocks weekend.

The total price was 75€ which included a period return and port taxes. There were a group on the boat who, I believe, had been told it was 32€ but when they got to the port were charged an extra 21€ for port taxes. They were complaining that they hadn't been told about this (whether this was true or not I don't know).

As Marcus says, you will be better going with an organised group. My return ticket was clearly marked that I was booked on the 8-30am ferry on the monday morning. When I turned up at the port the requisite hour early I was informed that the only boat running on that monday was the 4-30pm so I would have to hang around. However, the aerofoil was prepared to accept my ticket so I came back on the 9-30am aerofoil. With an organised group the ferry will definitely be running!!

And yes - you will need an entry visa into Turkey. You will also need to complete a health declaration form (unless they have done away with them this year).

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.