Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Keep the reports comming..... :glynis
Looking good Taximania sounds like you are going to like goa :hyper was that your first time in goa :?: looking forward to part 2 ...............colleen
Hi collen, yeh first time to goa.
The memories of the coach journey to resort will stay in our minds eye for ever.Sights sounds smell atmosphere ect, all totally captivating.
Daughters face was a joy to watch.

Chapter 2..

Morning greets us with the sounds of delhi bellie.
Must say she looked like death warmed up.
Quickie call to reception and 30 mins later the doc arrives.
She had only had limited food to eat.Doctor said something hadnt agreed and gave her an injection and tabs.
She was only out of action for 24 hours so good work and hats off to the goan doctors.

Decided next day to check out the much reported on restaurant "all spice"
Go out of m dourada turn right walk to the end of road and turn right and it is about a 5 min strole on the left.
Wasnt going to eat there straight away as daughter wasnt quite up to a full plate of scran so we just ordered cofee.
Nice place and well laid out with an aquaruim full of spongebobs mates all doing backstroke in the middle of room.
THEN IT STARTED.................. :yikes

aFULL REDITION OF 633 SQADRON..i SWEAR YOU COULD SEE THE MOSSIES BREAKING FORMATION AS THEY DIVED IN FOR THE ATTACK
One minute later and it was all over :cry:
I personally took 14 bites and we all itched the remainder of the evening away at marinha dourada.
Must say dont let this put u off this wonderful wonderful restaurant as it really is SOOOoo superb as we were about to find out later in holiday.

BIG BIG TIP..... DONT GO TO ANY RESTAURANT INLAND FROM 6 TO 7PM
MOSSIE FEEDING TIME FOR SURE

We rounded the evening of at m douradha.
Spectacular food exellent service and wonderful ambience.
We dined on the lakeside.They set up the tables twice a week for fish night and the seeting is undescribable.
Had lobster about medium size and only 1300 ruppees.
Wife does not do fish so they made her a nice peppered flambed steak with all the trimmings for only 140 ruppes "cheep as chips"

SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL MENTION TO GUANA THE HEAD WAITER.
What a nice nice chap who aimed to pleasse at every opertunity

Next chapter takes us to the dentist for a BRIDGE TOO FAR :zip
Brilliant, keep it coming!! :D
Looking forward to the next installment, Its like re living my 1st trip to Goa - we also stayed at the MD, love shirleyv xx
  • Edited by shirleyV 2007-02-11 16:08:20
CHAPTER 3

Daughter now perked up and back to her old self we ventured out into baga town.
Went down the baga river road past laylas and on to the box bridge.
Demolition work is coming on a treat and all work is by way of hand and a few jackhammers. Grafters for sure and all in 100f heat!!
Crossed the footy pitch and we were there.
Time for all the shack lads to pounce.We decided on shining star shack as basu the head honcho was so so persuasive.
Sell sand to arabs that lad :lol:
Had a drink or 3 and a paddle and plenty of good food and company.
Busy end of the beach but really beuatiful by the baga river watching the fishermen ply there trade.
Shining star is next to oceanic and what a great bunch of chaps they turned out to be.
HI TO BASU DELL BOY STEVE MQUEEN AND UNCLE TOMM COBBLY FOR ATTENDING TO OUR EVERY NEEDS.aFTER PROMISING TO RETURN
WE SAID OUR CHERIOS AND NIPPED ONTO THE BAGA CALANGUTE ROAD TO CATCH THE BUS.

Bus is pretty regular and costs only 4 ruppees.
Just stick your arm out to hail it down.

Soon arrived at the chaos that is calangute.
Heavy traffic horns tooting elephants trotting past tut tuts shouting for trade.The noise the smell and the atmosphere was overwhelming.
What a fine fine place!

Left the missus and daughter at a local boozer whils i went to root out doc pimentos dentist surgery.Situated just above romano chambers.
He saw mwe straight away and i have to say what an immaculate modern facility this chap has.
Even watch plasma tv whilst he has a good rummage at the gnashers.
Turns out i need aroot canal and 2 fillings and scale and polish.
The price is only going to be a cheeky £60.00 and to pop back tommorow night to complete the work.
Wish my dentist back home was this quick.

Ate out at all spice that night and we were treated like royalty.
Nice bunchs of chaps u could ever wish to meet.
The shop next door supply the ice cream and was shut so all spice phoned him to open back up so the daughter could have her sweet.
He would not take no for an answer as we didnt want to cause a fuss.
Now thats service is it not :o

tut tut ride home rounded off a cracking day

This place beats scarborough hands down !!!!!
Great stuff TM, it's bringing back so many memories. (We were there last November).
I love the mossie squadron part :lol:
CHAPTER 4 FIRE DOWN BELOW

Decided on a trip out to vagator today.
Managed to get a price from m dourada to vagator return for 400 rupees.
Only a 15 minute trip but through some interesting countryside.
Alot quiter this place and made up of 3 beuatiful beaches.
Big vagator,little vagator and one in the middle that i dont know the name of. Scuttled our way down the cliff face and on to the middle beach which was in place pretty reminicent of cornwall. Lots and lots of rock pools.
When you walk along the sand there was thousands and thoudsands of little baby crabs running in unison and when you stamped your feet they all buried in the sand in less than a second.Then out again they came then back under. Kept us all busy for a good half hour,
very easily entertained :rofl

Walked further round the headland then to little vagator to view the shiva carving,very nice too.
Had afternoon tea at a place on the beach called charles which very much reminded me us a colonial retreat. All turfed i must add in lucsious lawned gardens. Cup of tea for two 5 ruppees chicken and fries with side salad 60 rupees and lots of fizzy pop to wash it all down for 10 rupees a bottle.
It would appear that everthing in vagator was half the price of baga and calangute
Had to stay on the fizzy pop as the dentist was loomin the evening. :bawl

Called the cab and went straight down to calangute.
Settled the gang down in a pub then off to pimentos for the bridge too far.
Funny thing half way through drilling the root canal he asked if i wanted a breather.He took me on to his balcony were the cafe across the road was in full blaze.Just in time for the panjim fire brigade to arrive.
Can only describe the scene like something out of TRUMPTON as they all bashed into each other like headless chickens with there buckets of water/
PUHH PUHH BARNEY MAGREW CUTHBERT DIBBLE GRUB :D

Then back for rermainder of work.
Ambert diod a sterling job and i never felt a jot of pain
Nice down to earth chap as well
Highly highly recommend him well done doc !

Even managed a kingfisher beer or 3 straight after but i think i dribbled a bottle down my front.
Face was numb as a wet chop.

Checked out the jewelers across the road in calangute..
JOHNS GOAN JEWELERS.
Arranged to call back later in week to get the missus a ring nocked up.
Let u know how that went...
:wink:
I'll have to try that dentist as I could do with a replacement part denture. Too pricey over here.
Looking forward to the jewellery part of you trip report T/M .im enjoying your report so far I hope you still have lodes to tell us .........colleen
Taximania

Can I ask if bands were put round your teeth when you had your fillings done?
mk61 not too sure what he was doing in the mouth as i was well numbed up.

Root canal job took about 1 hour 40 mins just on its own.
All i can say is surgery was immaculate and very hi tech.
Very proffesional outfit.
Visit there mate with absolute confidence.
cheers
Taxi
sort of knew based on your previous posts that any trip report you wrote would be a cracker taxi!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
keep it coming please
taximania have you used the anti mossie cream Odomos? you get it in Goa, it will stop the squadron fleet attack :lol:
Bobbsy, we used one that smelt lemony
They obviously adore hairy fat lancashire thighs in lemon sauce.
If any one needs a repelent get one with deet.
This one that harry the chemist sold us was more of an attractant than deterent.
BTW.. never took tablets so im in the lap of the gods now.
If i dont make who wants me slippers :roll:
Oh how entertaining is this?! I've been in bed all weekend with a flu virus and only logged on to read your report. Please please please keep it coming!!

Dr Pimenta and his staff are great. Do you know the name of the other dentist that is working with him?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.