Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
its ok I think, have "pretended" to book one and the options for credit card came up. It has the option for Visa Debit card, so I dont know what the lady on the phone was on about???

gonna book it and see :?
I do not own a credit card but have just used http://www.economycarrentals.com . Paid a small reservation fee with my sisters CC. When the car was delivered I paid the balance in cash but had to show the CC as a guarantee for the rental. Car came full of petrol and I then had to fill it up before returning the car.
Hi Tex You can book your car with economycar hire with a Visa/debit card but I think what the lady you spoke to meant you must produce a credit card for petrol when you pick it up at the airport. Maybe Glynis from admin could help you as I think, but am not sure that she has paid in cash in the past for petrol on picking her car up when she used this company. The majority of car hire companies do make you pay by credit card on picking up the car whether it be for petrol or excess on your insurance.Send her a private message. Cheers Jayjan
thanks for the reply guys, I think I will be ok, as I'll be able to get my girlfriend to do it on her debit card 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.