Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi

when you say expensive how much is that ? and have you tried pricing up a DIY this sometimes works out cheaper

h4u are 1 of the cheapest turkey package companys, im looking for my daughter also same time and ive found this company the cheapest for flight only so far for midlands airports. there are plenty of accommodation only sites if you can pick up a cheap flight

http://www.skybargains.co.uk/flights/availability.asp
Goldtrail holidays are pretty cheap too ... http://www.goldtrail.co.uk

I KNOW there are mixed views on this company...but as long as you know its basic accommodation....and don't intend using the reps :roll: - we've always found them ok..and have used them a number of times too.
we have just come bacj fom 2 weeks in hisaronu booked with h4u.co.uk £378 total price for 2 weeks for 2 persons give them a try they have accomadation in olu
Thanks for the repies, all prices i have had are around £400 per person SC, they got a good deal last year at same time, paid £250pp, I have looked at DIY but all Scottsih flights seem to be around £200. Do you think its worth leaving till last minute or will they end up dissapointed, I will check out the sites suggested.

Thanks again
christybell
i have just checked aegean flights for you from glasgow they come up at 346 for 2 people

pam xx
skybargains on 7th sept for 2 wks from glasgow are 342.61
montebello hotel in olu deniz is 190.86, total is 533.47 for 2 people for 2 wks only 266 each, then trans will cost about 30-40 each way approx , i only looked at 1 website for both so someone might find a cheaper hotel although this hotel is ok i think

turk hotel about 193 and thats ok too
Try Right Holidays - They advertise on Teletext.

We used them and found them approx £120 pp cheaper than anyone else.

We flew out from Edinburgh using Onur Air with them.

We got 7 nights AI to Olu for £254pp on 5th June. (This included Transfers but excluded Insurance)
I have been having a search and right holidays seem to have a few good offers- Thanks for the advice, have never used these before, flights from edinburgh too, which is fab, they dont seem to offer online booking?? or am I being silly, any way will give mum the phone number to see what they can offer.

Thanks again

Chris
I have been having a search and right holidays seem to have a few good offers- Thanks for the advice, have never used these before, flights from edinburgh too, which is fab, they dont seem to offer online booking?? or am I being silly, any way will give mum the phone number to see what they can offer.

Chris
They do not do Online Bookings. I called them up on the number on Teletext / Web site (http://www.rightholidays.com/yer.asp?yer=Oludeniz
I was a little apprehensive to begin with as they do not offer ABTA protection (they use the TTA and are bonded by the Turkish Government instead I think) but are ATOL protected through their Agents.
They normally use H4U flights (That's like Onur air from Edinburgh) and book the accomodation in Turkey via their Fethiye Office of Right Holidays for Olu.
On our Holiday I would say around 50% of the people on the Flight used Right Holidays.
They meet you at Dalaman and have Minibus transfers to Olu.
I certainly would not hesitate to use them again as they even came out over £100 cheaper than booking through Holidays4U and even more than the major Tour Operators (I checked them all so am confident they would be cheaper then anyone else!!)
Out Flight out was on a Tuesday @19:40 from Edinburgh and you don't arrive into Olu until around 3-4am Turkey time. The Flight back was great as we got picked up around 12 noon, left at 4pm and arrived back in Ednburgh around 7pm (UK time).
You can get Right Holidays to quote on any other flight as well as they were quite happy to use the Thomas Cook Flight for us on the Monday too.
Good Luck in your search butI'm sure you will love Olu. Just make sure you do your research on the Hotel choice by using the Hotel review pages here and elsewhere.
I would say now you are better paying a little extra to get something like Sun City Hotel etc (AI) but that is entirely your choice as the restaurants around Olu are very good (We found N-Joy especially good) and can offer some good prices depending on what you want to eat.

Regards
Alan
Try Vision Holidays. They adversite on Teletext and quoted me even cheaper that Right Holidays
Hi

I used h4u.co.uk for my flights this week to Dalaman as they came up cheaper than anyone else, they use Onur Air who were ok last year

Just had a quick look and found flights as follows

Sat 1st Sep 07: Glasgow > Dalaman 20:45 Depart Glasgow (GLA) - 02:55 Arrive Dalaman (DLM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sat 15th Sep 07: Dalaman > Glasgow17:00 Depart Dalaman (DLM) - 19:45 Arrive Glasgow (GLA)

£199 which sounds ok to me
Hope you have a good time and hope you picked good accomodation. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.