Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Manni
Me to. Heard alot of negative. But in the last few weeks heard alot more of posative things about the place. Which is good.
My daughter`s teacher from school goes there often, He`s been twice since christmas already.
Well to late now i`ve booked. To stay in the Golf Residence POK leaving the 29/3/for 7 days half board.
I hope to get a few more posative comments here as well. :)
I have not actually stayed at the golf residence but have stayed in P.E.K 6 times and know of this hotel. it is very well located right in the centre of P.E.K and just across the main road is the marina with shops, cafes and restaurants and also the beach. The hotel is right next to the golf brau bar where the beer is brewed on the premises and next door is metallica nightclub, but I am not to sure if it has re-opened or not as it has been shut for a while. I loved it in P.E.K and if you are taking children the Tunsians love kids :!:
I've stayed in the Golf Residence Paul and it was absolutely fine. Deb has pointed out a lot of the plus points but she didn't mention that it is also right near the Water Park, which, if it is open in March, might be of more interest to your children that the Golf Brau. :lol:
Thanks Deb and Aslemma for your comments. I`m glad to get more plus points. And nice to be next to the water park. I did see this in one of the threads about Tunisia. I have emailed them to ask, But i`m still waiting for a reply. Thanks again!
That makes two of us Paul. :lol: I've just e-mailed them too as I thought it would be useful to have that info on here. We'll probably both post as soon as we get a reply. I hope you enjoy Tunisia as much as most of us do - I'm really looking forward to going back on 23rd April.
Got the reply today:

I thank you for the interest that you carry to the Acqua Palace and let's inform you that the park is opened of the beginning May to end October every day of 9:30 a.m to 6 p.m and that prices of entrances are as follows:

- Adults: 12,5 dinars about 8 euros.
- Children (less than 12 years) : 7,5 dinars about 4,5 euros.
- Children (less than 3 years): free.

Sincere greetings.

M.Mounir MORJANE

I hope this is some help.
Staying right next door the the blinking place and we cant get in :(
Kids will be pleased :cry: I hope the watersports at the beach in on and going :idea:

thanks aslemma
Yes the water sports on the beach is all year round obviously depending on the weather conditions. There are also lots of different boat trips daily going from the marina just across the road from where you are staying, and also trips from your hotel organised by your tour reps :)
Great! Thanks debs.
Cant wait now. Got all the tickets already, Airport car parking sorted.
Just trying to find anyone to look after the guinea pigs now :D
Anyone out there, Let me know `lol`
Hi. hope you all have a good holiday and enjoy it as much as we did :fly :fly
What sort of boat trips do they do from the marina,
and what other trips will be on offer, I know they do the trip to the desert
The pirate ship is one of the most popular. It is a half day trip and you get a lunch and soft drink. They anchor up and you can fish or swim off the ship. There are plenty of other trips from the Marina and rather than booking directly with your rep it is worth having a wander down and seeing what is available. All the boats will be lined up and their owners will chase you for your custom. :lol: Your rep will be keen to sell you various trips but it is worth thinking about them rather than signing up on the spot. I'm sure you've heard of the two or three day Sahara trips which you can book with them - there is quite a lot about that on HT. You can get also to Tunis and other places by train or bus from Sousse. Believe me you will be spoiled for choice, so you needn't get bored if you don't fancy just lazing on the beach or round the pool.
The catamaran trip was great fun. The sun was very hot so we led on the net and sun bathed, the music was loud and some people got off and had a swim. You might even be lucky enough to see some dolphins. A trip to Sousse on one of the tuk tuks is an experience :!: As said by Aslemma the pirate ship is great fun and also there are the submarines. It is cheaper to haggle with the guys in the marina selling these trips as you do get a better deal.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.