Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi,

Weather in January can be very mixed, but it will be better than the UK. I've been out there in Jan & got a right soaking on some days, but it's been warm enough to lie out by the pool on others. The temperature drops at night and can get quite cold. I normally take jeans and denim skirts etc with T-shirts and cardies or a light jacket. This is sometimes enough in the evening, but my UK winter coat goes with me, and some evenings if I've gone out, rather than staying in the hotel, I've been glad of it.

In terms of hotels, a lot are very, very quiet at this time of year. Yasmine Hammamet has some great hotels, but I've found these to be particulary empty at this time of year. Whether this is a good or bad thing, depends very much on what you want from your hotel / holiday. In Hammamet 'proper' the Azur hotels are quite popular so may have a bit more life. Out of these I would recommend the Royal Azur (the others are the Sol and Bel). It's not as good as it once was but the advantage with these hotels is that you can use the facilities in all three.

I don't know PEK well enough to make hotel recommendations for that time of year, but there are many on this forum who know the place very well and I'm sure they'll be along to help.

Hope this helps.

A.
hi, thanks for your reply. I was looking at maybe Yamine Hammamet, or PEK, so i will look at the hotels you have mentioned.
Jane
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.